ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunflower and Vulcan B2 Nuclear Bomber

Sunny
taken at the North East Ford Owners meet Sunday 15th July 2012

****pics of the bomber to follow, awaiting these from my mate****

7576629806_0d0c1029fe_c.jpg

Saw the title & thought "epic."

The only consolation is that the pile of metal in the background isn't what you meant by "Vulcan?"

Last edited:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
martys one! When did you buy it? p.s sunflower is the bestest.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
looking good! Needs fogs in though :rasp: Did you not buy it with the coilovers? Any plans for it?

Sunny
nah got the coilies taken off mate. first thing next month is the belts, then after that ktr uprated brakes all round, eibach sportlines, rear strut, and spacers.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
nah got the coilies taken off mate. first thing next month is the belts, then after that ktr uprated brakes all round, eibach sportlines, rear strut, and spacers.

Any reason for removing coils? :eek: usually the other way about! lol Hope your enjoying it!

Cheeky wee pic next to mine with the prev owner :rasp:

054c4996.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Vulcans are majestic things.

Used to pretty much rock the foundations of the entire base at Mildenhall during the days of the Air Fete.... oh I miss those air fetes. sigh.

Vulcan and SR-71, my 2 favourite non-fighter jets

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks great.

I remember being a lad with the Vulcans doing displays at fairford air show. The noise they made was mental. Makes a typhoon sound like a dyson in comparison.

Sunny
AWESOME!

Where is this? I assume this isn't the one that's still alive?

its in Sunderland air musuem. it has 100% of its components but needs restoring as the raf cut a lot of wires and things when they grounded it. there are volunteers working every sunday trying to get it back to its former glory, the guy we got speaking to said its possible to get 80% of the systems online for demonstration purposes, but they arent allowed certain things to operate like the ground radar, ejection seats and engines etc

Black 172 PH2
Was at the Farnborough air show the other day.
Vulcan bomber was there, an amazing plane to see fly. sounded immense!
Nice pics btw.

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Great pics with a great aircraft! One of the nice things when i was at Kemble airfield doing a licence course was having fly-bys from the vulcan thats still flying because there was another old fighter restoration firm on the airfield. Great break from the hangar to see that tearing around!!!