ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sunflower cleaned

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Finally managed to get the time and weather to give the flower some TLC, as you can see it was a bit too sunny really but it was now or never, so did my best.

well process
wheels washed with Chem Guys blue wheel cleaner and various brushes followed by my first try with Iron x, wow you guys were right it smelly stuff, but works wonders.

onto the body,

snow foamed followed by 2BM was with CG citrus wash
then AG tar remover (had this laying about) then rinse
Iron X all over, boot was by far the worst.
Repeated the wash process and dried with 'fluffy' towel
CG V4 all in one polish applied via Das 6 and green hex pad
CG Ez Glaze via blue hex pad, applied 2 coats all over
Collinite 476 wax, again 2 coats have been applied.
Plastics dressed with CG VRP dressing.

this was my first time using both Iron x and also the glaze process, but having read the guides on here it was a stage i wanted to try and very pleased with the results, the yellow really became alot deeper and brighter with the glaze applied.

In fact the wax seemed to dull it back slightly, would a liquid sealant be better suited?

well C&C welcome, its a learning process afterall.

Photos to follow .

Last edited:

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Having mare with the pic links, ggrrr

wheels
DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0050-1.jpg

Iron x
DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Onto the body

Foam
DSC_0073.jpg

Iron X
DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

More foam
DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

Polish
DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

Onto the glaze
DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

Wax
DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

Finished results

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

sorry for the multiple posts for the pics.

476 is a dull wax. I'm not surprised it left you a little disappointed.

What's your budget for a wax?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Budget wise, say £30-40 max,

if i got another wax or sealant can i apply over the top or would i be better saving it for the next time i give it a proper going over.

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
476wax is quite solvent heavy so I believe so this in itself will affect any base of glazes and fillers. Due to this it may also affect the wax itself becoming a little contaminated as it cures. But 476 is soo durable I can't imagine it being a big problem.

I used it quite a bit on silver when I first started using it and found it loose some of the flake pop where as others for that budget I'd recommend AG HD wax

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Might lack a tiny bit of shine but still looks absolutely stunning mate, I am SO jealous!
Would love a sunflower.

That IronX is brilliant, my mrs uses it to detail our cars with, yours certianly needed it, the wheels look like they have been stabbed and are bleeding to death, lol

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Cheers for the comments guys. Is a wax the better option to a sealant?

How's the dodo banana amour rated would this be worth considering as well?

Last edited:

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Might lack a tiny bit of shine but still looks absolutely stunning mate, I am SO jealous!
Would love a sunflower.

That IronX is brilliant, my mrs uses it to detail our cars with, yours certianly needed it, the wheels look like they have been stabbed and are bleeding to death, lol

Cheers chip. Yeah wheels definitely bleeding!

One day il get it in the paint booth but only after the engine mods. If I'm happy with the performance etc then I'm sure it will be for keeps and il treat her to a re spray. It only really needs the off side and bonnet doing but its yellow so matching isn't good