ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof drinage channels blocked! Mk2 clio

Civic Vtec y0
Evening all

Right the GF's Mk2 has a serious leak. I have so far cleared the drainage hole thing under the heater blower and also resealed the door card. I have also resealed the drivers door seal but still no luck!

However over the past few days with the really bad rain the roof lining has become wet. So now I am hoping its the sunroof. First of all how do you unblock the drainage channel things?

Also anything else I can do to try and stop the leaking?

clio 172 cup
My gf had the same problem with her pug 106. We removed the sunroof and used a compressor to blow down the drainage holes then re siliconed round the sunroof hole fixed it back in place and it never leaked again.

yes , new frame , they warp . if peel away the trim that hold the headlining up around the sunroof , and look under the headlining you will probably see lots of water. use an airline to blow out the drains , then pour some water down to check them. check the bolts are tight on the sunroof , and then new frame , if all else fails. yo could remove the frame clean it right up , (remove the old seal ) and use a silicone sealant , seen this done and it has worked , but if it fails you wont be pulling it off in a hurry , and will probably damage the roof.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
on the inside of the car you will see a seal like trim around the headling. take that of (just pulls off) the ring of 10mm bolts is there.

dynamique+ 1.4 16v
i had that, all i did was, using a funnel, pour near-boiling water down the drainage holes in the corners of the sunroof frame... bubbled up and unclogged.. cheapest way and havent had a problem since!