ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sunroof leak

t3 corolla 116bhp
i have a leak in the exterior trim of my sunroof and need some advice on how to re-seal or who to get to do it. i phoned a couple of dealerships and have been quoted between 85 and 600 quid by reno!!!!

is tis something i can fix myself? also can anoyne advise on removing the roof lining so as to access the bolts securing the trim? much appreciated.
its a mk2 ph 2 btw :)

jonny

Monaco 172
jonny our son...the inner seal is 35 quid, the big fat one is 65 or soemthing. need to take the headlcloth back a bit and unscrew the sunroof. 10 nuts, then scrape all the old kak off it, fit the new inner seal (no more than a draught excluder) fire some black silicone around it too inside and fit it again!

i done it about a year ago

t3 corolla 116bhp
my inner seal is grand mate and the outside seal (if you mean the plastic trim which joins to the car roof on the outside) is (wait for it).................£284 plus VAT from reno!!!!!

Monaco 172
you wont know about the inner seal(35ish) unless youve had it out? the big fat rubber bit is what i mean by the outter seal(65ish). apparently the frames (284+VAT) are prone to warping and reanult also quoted me that amount...nearly paid it until i was told to silicone it and that would stop leaks and rattles...he wasnt lying either!

Clio & Mitsu ASX
Clean the seals with dreft (fairy called in the uk not?), dry them and spray them with a silicone spray. Leaking will stop.
Did the trick on my, dealer told me to do it like that.