ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof- no more rattles

After having the rattting sunroof problem for 2 years, reg vardy at doncaster have finally fixed the rattle at my cars first service. It is a god-send. I cant tell you how good it is, its like waiting for the turtles head! that good.

different handle by the looks of it. mine has been in 3 times for this. this time it looks like it has worked. nice and tight the glass is now and it seems to have less flex.

mine does that but most cars with pop up sunroof do that running water noise around corners. why did renault put a sunroof in which is pop up. i will never have a car again with a pop up sunroof-pointless.

the handle has a black substrate behind it now, kind of like a piece of metal for suppresion and gives the flexible glass more rigitity. will take a photo after work and post it up tomorrow morning

Volvo S60 T5

At my place we have worked out how to cure this rattle for good!

Taken a while to perfect it.

Basically we remove the head lining, take the sunroof out.
Then as you look at the roof from inside it has a strenghtener bar which is made of a flimsy metal plate, we pack silicon between the roof and the strenghtener and them apply heavy duty tape to hold it in place.
Also where the sunroof sits up against the roof we apply a small film of silicon and also fit tape to this.
Next thing is sunroof frame, remove all srews one by one and apply a small amount of silicon into the hole that the screw goes into, then refit screws.

Once all that is done and silicon has cured, refit all the bits back on.

We have done a fair few like this and I can say we have never had one come back!
Took a while to perfect this!

So at last a cure for the sunroof rattle:D

all we do is remove the roof lining seal and tighten all the 10mm bolts up properly, theres 2 t20 bolts which need tightening up to and grease the front hinges , also on the handle there is a bar which rests on a little pad we fit a rubber tube seal on that bar , weve not had one come back after that nice n quiet :)

Quote: Originally posted by richy on 18 March 2004

all we do is remove the roof lining seal and tighten all the 10mm bolts up properly, theres 2 t20 bolts which need tightening up to and grease the front hinges , also on the handle there is a bar which rests on a little pad we fit a rubber tube seal on that bar , weve not had one come back after that nice n quiet :)
Can you or any 1 else post up some pics of their modified handles, catches etc? I am interested to know what they have done to fix mine!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

what is about clio sunroofs, mine was totally replaced after 6 months, and is starting to make noises again. combined with the dash noise i have to keep to music on full blast in order to keep calm.

Volvo S60 T5

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 19 March 2004

what is about clio sunroofs, mine was totally replaced after 6 months, and is starting to make noises again. combined with the dash noise i have to keep to music on full blast in order to keep calm.
Bodge job! at least we aint had this happen since^^^^^^^

If it sorts the problem out for good then what the problem with doin that.

Next one we do I will get some pics taken and post them up

my sun roof is electric on an x reg! any ideas how to fix that? i tried tightenin the 4 back bolts up but i aint sure on how tight to tighten them with out f**kin summat up!

any one know how much renault charge?

Volvo S60 T5

Rite people, pics as promised

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081700965__436A0002.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081701005__436A0003.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081701067__436A0005.jpg

The main problem with the clios is that the roof is so flimsy, so behind the tape there is plenty of silicon that strenghtens the roof around the frame.
Once the silicon has cured, the sunroof is then fitted back in, then roadtested without the roof linig in, sometime its necessary to grind off the top of the sunroof frame fixing bolts(a renault recommended fix).

This has had a 100% success rate, and as of yet not one has returned!:D