ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super chiping my RSi...HELP

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
Hello. Iv just recently bought a superchip off Keiran Gray from ere...it came yesterday and he also sent me out his old ECU, the chip is curently in the ECU too!

The question is...Can i plug his ecu in or will i end up loosing my imobiliser codes? Iv phoned a few renualt dealers but all are unable to help :mad:

What do i do???

Thanks!

340i
I dont think youll lose your imobiliser code dude.. it may just plug and play, if not just swap the chips over ;)

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
I dont think youll lose your imobiliser code dude.. it may just plug and play, if not just swap the chips over ;)

Yeah but the chip has to be soldered in...thats 28 pins to solder in! Can i do it my self?
Is there a certain amount of time between unplugging and re plugging in the ecu? Im sure i heard sum1 say somthin about you get 7 seconds while its unplugged? Though i could be wrong??

Anyone else got any thoughts?

340i
hahaa if you can swap them over in 7seconds ill give you £1.. there aint no time limit!

Nooo you dont solder the chip in, look at the ECU i sent you, the chip sits in a 28-pin eprom holder, the chip pops out.. you need to de-solder your orignal chip, then solder in a 28-pin eprom holder and plug the new chip in that. ;)

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
hahaa if you can swap them over in 7seconds ill give you £1.. there aint no time limit!

Nooo you dont solder the chip in, look at the ECU i sent you, the chip sits in a 28-pin eprom holder, the chip pops out.. you need to de-solder your orignal chip, then solder in a 28-pin eprom holder and plug the new chip in that. ;)

Well iv got the chip holder...but how do you de solder something? Ill have a look in a bit!

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
hmmm.... you recon i could just plug it in then? i cnt be asked to get it soldered in...

but has anyone done this before just swapping one over? Anyone got any thoughts on a chance of loosing my imobiliser codes either way i go?

Da

Less
You wont 'lose' anything as it's all in your original ECU anyway but i doubt very much that the new ECU will be plug and play. I'm sure they're 'locked' to one vehicle and as such would need unlocking to swap to your car.

You can swap the ECU over fine, no probs with imobiliser codes etc

Da - we're talking old clios here, not new shite ones ;)

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
You can swap the ECU over fine, no probs with imobiliser codes etc

Da - we're talking old clios here, not new s**te ones ;)

How sure are you on that one Lunner?

But where are the imobilser codes stored then if its no risk swapping them over?

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
You wont 'lose' anything as it's all in your original ECU anyway but i doubt very much that the new ECU will be plug and play. I'm sure they're 'locked' to one vehicle and as such would need unlocking to swap to your car.

Loos like your right about being locked to one vehicle! I plugged it in, pressed my key to dissable to imobiliser, it made the noise which shows its conected but didnt turn off imobiliser. Now i need to find a company that can unlock it and lock it to mine, ive heard there is a place in Plymouth, anybody know cornwall?