ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super high passenger seat in 182 Cup

182 Cup
Does anyone know of any way to lower the ridiculously high passenger seat in 182 Cup's? It seems that there is no up and down adjustment on the passenger seat, and it is so high my head has to be on an angle for me to sit in it. Does anyone know if you can buy a different mount or put a drivers seat with the height adjustment on the passenger side? It is a RHD car.

Thanks!

Alex

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
remove the seat, then were the seat bolts to the floor there will be 4 little black platform kinda things.. remove these.. should sit about 15mm lower

182 Cup
i can seem to see them there? you mean they sit under the subframe for the seat? you dont have a photo do you? thanks

alex

Your head has to be at an angle? How tall are you?!

Beware if you remove the 4 black vibration mounts sliding it backwards and forwards becomes a pain in the ass.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Lol at removing the vibration washers. How much of that massive 15mm difference is made up of the carpet? Maybe you could take out the carpets too? :rofl:

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Lol at removing the vibration washers. How much of that massive 15mm difference is made up of the carpet? Maybe you could take out the carpets too? :rofl:

Actually makes quite a difference mate, it's a tried and rated method on here

OP I just did mine yesterday it's easy takes about 20 minutes, there's a guide with photos on here.

If you use a couple of washers then the seat still slides no problem

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Actually makes quite a difference mate, it's a tried and rated method on herey

If you use a couple of washers then the seat still slides no problem

Tried and rated you say? So let me get this right-you take out the ~14mm washer then place the runners on some 'other' washers to account for the ~3.5mm of carpet & you end up having lowered the seat by pretty much 11mm?

p1010730i.jpg

p1010729ej.jpg

11mm-so that's give or take the thickness of a couple of magazines right?

Flol, massive difference. 0-60's anyone?

:rofl:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Still not sure if SRS... I'll reiterate - 11mm. If you sat on a couple of magazines on the floor, would you feel massively high up? Likewise, if you were blindfolded, could you hand on heart honestly think you could tell the difference of a poxy 11mm drop?

Placebo effect much?:p

172 cup- suzu rf600r
No ones saying it's amazing guys but considering the minimal amount of effort and the noticeable difference it makes it's worth it.

Anyone who has done this regret it? Iv only heard good things (other than people not using washers and struggling to move the seats)

R26
After a while the seats will slide fine again once the runners have put a groove inn the carpet so too speak.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Sounds good, thanks. How many washers do you reckon ill need to drop in under there? Say 3-5mm or so?

cheers

I used 2 washers, 1mm each (I think) and that works fine just presses on the carpet a little (cup carpet possibly thinner IIRC?)

I might not bother but if I was to remove them in a few weeks the carpet would be slightly squished making sliding with no runners easier I think, so stepping it down kind of