ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercar Driving Day with a difference

Clio 182
I had the opportunity to go along to a supercar driving day a couple of weeks ago with a slight difference!

Instead of being on track and getting to do a handful of laps, this one was a full day driving on some awesome roads along the south coast (approximately 250 miles) in 5 different cars.

With the day also including refreshments at each stop to change cars and a lovely lunch at Bovey Castle the whole day came together really well!

Has anyone else ever done anything like this and what were your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Saw this advertised the other day funnily enough. Although you drove 3 cars instead of 5, so you traded variety for seat time.

All these supercar events are terrible value for money when you think about it, but at least you get a decent bit of seat time doing this, even if it is just pottering about.

Clio 182
Saw this advertised the other day funnily enough. Although you drove 3 cars instead of 5, so you traded variety for seat time.

All these supercar events are terrible value for money when you think about it, but at least you get a decent bit of seat time doing this, even if it is just pottering about.

It depends how you look at it, I initially thought it was a fair whack but between two of you its halved. And its a whole day out, all of your food etc, no worrying about the car breaking down etc!

But yes it is a lot of money but still much cheaper than buying/maintaining one!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, but I look at everything in terms of how much racing that'd get me - in this case 5 entire seasons of autosolo, with 10 events a year!

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
It depends how you look at it, I initially thought it was a fair whack but between two of you its halved. And its a whole day out, all of your food etc, no worrying about the car breaking down etc!

But yes it is a lot of money but still much cheaper than buying/maintaining one!
What did you get to drive?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yes but you'll be doing that in an MX-5 and not a McLaren so it's not really the same.

EFA.

You're right, it's not the same.
Driving balls out thrashing round a course having a whale of a time for a whole day, 50 times over
or
Pottering about in a wide ass supercar stuck in traffic and not being allowed to do anything particularly interesting, once.

Hard choice.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Damn. £1000? I think mine was about £250

Audi R8
Porsche 911 turbo
Catherham
Ariel atom
Focus RS mk3 (heavily modified)

There were only 3 instructors so in the RS and the 911 you were on your own. Safe to say they came back smelling of burning!

I bloody loved it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'm from Scotland so we did it in Glencoe and i was lucky the weather was about 15 degrees. Phenomenal day, I'll never forget it

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
We're all cheap c***s in Scotland though. I thought at £250 it was expensive! Brilliant day though. We were out for around 2.5 hours

i think a grand would be far better spent here for a day
http://www.palmersport.com/

but then i have done both although my day driving out on the roads was a bunch of classic supercars and cost way less than a grand

Palmersport is the best day driving someone elses cars money can buy , done it twice now and had a fantastic day , and thats considering bot years of racing and trackdays , the palmersport days are simply brilliant value for money .

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
We do them a lot but mainly for corporate days. (Incentives, bonuses etc).
Everyone always seems to enjoy it but they never directly pay lol.

Can't say i have paid for a Palmer'sport day either

Then again a track day all is is 500 quid in real money

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Can't say i have paid for a Palmer'sport day either

Then again a track day all is is 500 quid in real money

Yeh not cheap. One of the fellas in our group text us the other day. He's proper minted but these two days are £1k just for the track :(
IMG_3680.PNG

Yep , one year we did 2 days at zandvoort , then a day in Amsterdam before driving to spa for 2 days

Then a month later 2 days at historic Dijon then 2 days at Magny Cor .

Had the westy shipped in a lorry and drove over in the Elise as the wife wanted her own car rather than share .

However best ever euro track week was when i drove the westy to Barcelona and we did 3 days there , then back across the pyranees to Pau and 2 days there then back home .

Them were the days of spending summers on tracks around Europe ......

Then i gave it all up to go racing again