ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged 172 vs Vee

Status
Not open for further replies.
  White Evo V
Standing quarter mile, what do you think would be quicker? My 172 is running 252bhp and 204lb ft, is this quicker than a v6 dya rekon? Was just watching vids of them on you tube and its got me thinking! Would love to get up against one!

clio sport 172 cup
duno but id prob says urs, not sure ov the weight the in v6 tho but im guesing urs will be lighter there being quicker just a guess lol... wud be a good race get vids lol

A lot will depend on driver, but a 255 v6 should win due to the weight over the rear driven wheels on launch.

Only one way to find out ;)

Chris

A lot will depend on driver, but a 255 v6 should win due to the weight over the rear driven wheels on launch.

Only one way to find out ;)

Chris

You just said that to be different and not follow what everyone else said didn't you :rasp: lol.

Think the Vee would have it off the line but the charged 172 would eventually overtake it, but as Chris says "only one way to find out".

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Worst troll/bragging post ever.

What would win out of a Ferrari and a standard Micra?

+1!

Most people with the vee, don't care for performance. It's about the looks, the noise, the presence and the "personality" of it!

White Evo V
Worst troll/bragging post ever.

What would win out of a Ferrari and a standard Micra?

I arnt bragging at all, just wanted to see other peoples views! Personnaly over 1/4 mile I dont think mine would beat one but I have never been in one or even seen one floor it to see how quick they are?!

Ferrari vs standard micra! hmmmmm, I reckon the micra personaly but the ferrari may get it back after 100??!!! :rasp:

BMW M135I
I arnt bragging at all, just wanted to see other peoples views! Personnaly over 1/4 mile I dont think mine would beat one but I have never been in one or even seen one floor it to see how quick they are?!

Ferrari vs standard micra! hmmmmm, I reckon the micra personaly but the ferrari may get it back after 100??!!! :rasp:

Havent you done any 1/4 miles etc since you have charged it?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The vee will destoy a 172 off the line in std trim, so with an extra 80bhp you're going to be even worse off...

But then again it's 300kg lighter. So it should destroy it when moving.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
have a look at the supercharged silver ph1 v6 on youtube thats a different car all together!

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
s/c'd 172 would kill it tbf!

As said as above Vee's weren't built for speed..... but Vee's won't "Destroy" standard 1*2's they have an edge but wouldn't say its a great deal tbh

Tangoed Works
Didn't sound like bragging to me but in any case if you know how to launch you might not lose too much off the line but the vee has the engine out back and the benefit of rwd so money would be on that.

Saying that 5.5 to 60 for the vee is pretty quick imo buy above 80mph you would prob clean away.

Only one way to find out, get it down the strip!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
s/c'd 172 would kill it tbf!

As said as above Vee's weren't built for speed..... but Vee's won't "Destroy" standard 1*2's they have an edge but wouldn't say its a great deal tbh

Ish. The whole 80+ is a bit of "hearsay" it will pull away throughout the gears...Every gear. Off the line, the launch is 10x better, however i filled the cab with smoke so never did it again. From low to high gears the vee will pull and pass!! Trust be i've had x2 172s, williams and have a vee.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm going for a well driven vee would beat you. purely for the traction issues.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nah, the 172 would win once it's up and running!!! Look at jon's vs maserati!!! Was level peggin!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Even with a 'magazine launch' (ie glad it's not my clutch!) the Vee's about 5.8 to 60? The 182's 6.5ish? I imagine it would romp away. I'd rather be in the Vee though!

VaVa
What do Vee's run the 1/4 in? Low to mid 14's? I'd back a well launched Cup to scare one down the quarter, never mind a 250 bhp+ 172!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'd disagree with a few here. Dunno if it's still on k tech but when they were developing the turbo Clio with 250 bhp they were drag racing modded skylines and stuff. So a supercharged Clio is gonna be The same as that. Never owned either so just going off what I've heard or read.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
What do Vee's run the 1/4 in? Low to mid 14's? I'd back a well launched Cup to scare one down the quarter, never mind a 250 bhp+ 172!

I'd Agree...

Give it a bit more of a diet and a few breathing mods i don't think there wouldnt be a great deal in it, against a standard vee.

Last edited:
  Nippy white cup
Its all about the throttle control....I remember Martins stripped to the bone hybrid getting 5.2 or less 0-60 (properly timed) without tb's/charged so a heavier but more powerful car launched well would be around the same as a V then would pull away...as Ali said Jons ph1 was the same as that Masser with a clutch slipping like mad

Chris

Audi TT 225 Quattro
as long as you don't mess the launch you will kill it, a std mk2 255 v6 has a qtr mile book time of 14.2 http://www.torquestats.com/index.php?car_id=36 having a wild guess id say with a good launch you car will do around 13.2 @ 105+ on the strip this is a massive amount and will be a fair bit ahead of a std v6

Status
Not open for further replies.