ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged BG +++++

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
What are you aiming for?

Just want the fueling and that sorted out, if the car gains a bit more power than that will be a bonus.

A few pics from the Renault sport track evening.

bedford-2013-336_zps6b1e76ba.jpg

bedford-2013-323_zpsfe1ae229.jpg

bedford-2013-376_zps5eac3bce.jpg

Really like this pic

bedford-2013-254_zps7785c078.jpg

Looks great on track Dom :cool: how did it perform?

You must be running a bigger boost restrictor than i was at stage 1, mine was making .50 bar of boost so it should be interesting what power yours makes once pauls had a play with it, mine made 259.5bhp & think it was about 220lbs ft at .50

Countryman JCW
Love this car! The black stealth theme looks the business n went well at Bedford!

Passenger lap next time and more fun out on track between our two cars :race:

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Looks great on track Dom :cool: how did it perform?

You must be running a bigger boost restrictor than i was at stage 1, mine was making .50 bar of boost so it should be interesting what power yours makes once pauls had a play with it, mine made 259.5bhp & think it was about 220lbs ft at .50

Car was great on track, its the third time its been hammed round track and it seems to love it.

Love this car! The black stealth theme looks the business n went well at Bedford!

Passenger lap next time and more fun out on track between our two cars :race:

Thanks Ross, next time we are at a trackday we will have some fun. Wouldn't mind a ride in yours as well, still not been in a turbo Clio, was going to go in Chips at Bedford but that didn't happen due to his engine problems.

Went to RS Tunig today for Paul to tweek the map, he has done a great job, less fuel and timing but more power:). Paul said that the car would hit around 265 bhp with a bit more timing at the top, but we left it as it is below to keep it safe.

rstuning001_zpsec786532.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Looking great dom. My AFR's get checked out saturday. Bit nervous lol as i think mine is not running right :-(

Gutted i missed the trackday. I heard it was an awesome evening

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Looking great dom. My AFR's get checked out saturday. Bit nervous lol as i think mine is not running right :-(

Gutted i missed the trackday. I heard it was an awesome evening

Thanks mate, Bedford was a great night, hope everything is ok with your car

Brilliant mate. ..

Thanks

Good stuff youre more than welcome... Are you doing Llandow?

No mate its too far for me

Awesome stuff Dom! That power is plenty for now and playing it safe is always a good idea

Thanks Dan, it's like a different car now, its awesome.

My Millcrap exhaust has cracked again and the baffles have gone in the middle silencer, only had the centre section replaced about 3 months ago due to it cracking. Its under warranty, but is still a pain. I think I am going to get rid of the centre silencer as it seems to catch on speed bumps ect so probably isn't helping because that is were it keeps cracking, will be nice for the exhaust to be a bit lauder as well.

Clio Sport 172
Hi. Very nice car. Are you able to compare fuel consuption before and after supercharge? How about cluth and gearbox? Is it strong enough to cooperate with charged engine?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Not updated this for a while, nothing much to report really, car preformed great on track at Snetterton at the start of the month and is running great.

Car is only getting used on track and at the weekends now so I am thinking about building a forged engine over the winter months, if I go ahead it will be done properly so will top and bottom end and maybe some nitrous.

Cup In bits
Why does everyone sell there Clio's on here just after building them.... it baffles me. Another one to be broken most likely.

PS John you are out yet? Haha

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Why oh why Dom?!

See this in the "what's it worth" thread. As Dan said, how come Dom?

Craziness I tell ye

Just thinking about it really, just getting a little bored, there's not a lot I can do it do it now without going forged which is just too much money. Most of the fun is building these cars, getting new parts keeps my interest up and I miss that excitement.

Saying that I could do with a new steering wheel, so going to get a Sabelt one, so that might keep me entertained for a while longer

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Yeah I could get paul to tweek the map and get to around 265 with the current set up, but I'm not really after more power, it's not a case of wanting the car to be quicker I just like to do stuff to the car and building a forged engine would be fun but too expensive.

Have you had yours on a dyno yet?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Nah not yet, I've got dyno time in Nov. booked at the college to finish off the map. I want to do it all myself hence why it's taken so long to get it onto a dyno!

Cool, would be nice to be able to map the car myself and to have my own dyno come to think of it lol, you will have to let me know how you get on.

Dose anyone know a cheaper place to buy a Renault Sabelt wheel from apart from ktec.

Countryman JCW
Dom, sorry to hear youre selling up mate! Really like your car and if i was in the market for another boosted clio i would def look to buy this one.

In terms of forging it, have a word with Andyrg. He's selling a load of bits from his 182 turbo, pretty sure there are some forged rods that will no doubt have new bearings on them? And some megane pistons... could put that together and run 300-320bhp perhaps?

All the best with the sale if you choose to go ahead

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks Ross, if I am going to forge it I will want to use some better pistons but the rods he is selling would be ok.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just had another look at your thread, so you are just using the meg head gasket with a standard engine? What sort of power do think you will get running 10 psi, I know Paul had over 300 bhp out of his standard lump before it went bang in a big way.

Just ordered a Sabelt wheel from Wolverhampton Renault, great price esp compared to Ktec.

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Will interesting to see how you get on then Dan.

New steering wheel turned up yesterday (thanks Wolverhampton Renault top service), so fitted that and also fitted some new DS2500 front pads.

steeringwheel008_zps47e2fdb6.jpg