ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged BG +++++

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looked great today Dom. Sorry i spoke to you briefly. The rain came down heavy so we all shot inside. When it dried up i had a look around yours but you were nowhere to bee seen. Car looks spot on though mate :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks Mark, your car was looking good as ever, sorry we didn't chat more, the weather kind of spoiled it for that.

Hoping to take the car up to RS Tuning next week for the rolling road meet, its a long way to go I know but really want Paul to have a look at the car and check the map as he is really busy and would normally take a month or so to get booked in, so makes sense.

Had a great day at CSS yesterday nice to see some old faces and meet some new people.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Thanks Mark, your car was looking good as ever, sorry we didn't chat more, the weather kind of spoiled it for that.

Hoping to take the car up to RS Tuning next week for the rolling road meet, its a long way to go I know but really want Paul to have a look at the car and check the map as he is really busy and would normally take a month or so to get booked in, so makes sense.

Had a great day at CSS yesterday nice to see some old faces and meet some new people.

When's the meet?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
A few pics from the CSS picture thread

ysunemuj.jpg

8ame6u7e.jpg

8ezumu3e.jpg

gy3y7u3a.jpg

3u9urepa.jpg

Thanks Korky, great pictures.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Car looks fantastic!
If you don't mind me asking (and sorry if it's already covered), how much was the full cost for supercharging? And did you get it mapped by someone?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I caught a glimpse of it saturday

Beautiful car dom

Thanks mate, shame I didn't get to meet you or see your car. Hoping to be at the next Ace meet, will have to have a chat then.

Love this car?

Thanks

Was really nice to meet you Dom & have a good chat. Have to say your car looked amazing i loved it :approve:

null_zps66ebe7e7.jpg

Thanks mate, you are to kind, the man with the best car at the show loved mine, that will do me. Tell your dad I have ordered some plane number plates, he is right they will look better.

Car looks fantastic!
If you don't mind me asking (and sorry if it's already covered), how much was the full cost for supercharging? And did you get it mapped by someone?

​Thanks mate, will send you a Pm.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yeah im gutted i never see ya. As soon as it rained i was straight in the museum lol. Ill be there at the ace on the 15th dom. Hope to see ya there :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Yeah im gutted i never see ya. As soon as it rained i was straight in the museum lol. Ill be there at the ace on the 15th dom. Hope to see ya there :)

Yeah, I should be there.

saw this at CSS looked lovely, bay looks same as Chris Savage's

Thanks mate, was hoping to see your car but the rain somewhat spoiled the day for looking at cars and there were so many to see. The bay is very similar to Chris's, just a few subtle differences.

Thanks mate, you are to kind, the man with the best car at the show loved mine, that will do me. Tell your dad I have ordered some plane number plates, he is right they will look better.

Just saying it how it is Dom youve done your car very tastefully & i really like :approve:

haha ill tell him mate, a nice set of clean plates will finish it off, clean is best.

clio 172 phase 2
Bit of a random dude but what material did you use for the false floor in the rear ? Looks very tidy !

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Bit of a random dude but what material did you use for the false floor in the rear ? Looks very tidy !

Thanks, it's a Ktec boot matt mate

Good to meet you the other day auld yin ;) car was very tidy and sounded great!

Lol , it was good to meet you as well John, sorry didn't mean to offend you, it was just nice to see someone a bit older, all be it not as old as me:)

Thanks for the kind comments, still can't believe that you can do a full day at Knockhill for £60, its not all bad being from Scotland ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol na I'm used to it, people always think I'm about 4-6 years older than I am, tough paper round!

Aye it's superb, last track day (just fuel and entry) was around £100, you just can't argue with that!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I have managed to get a place at the RS Tuning rolling road day, so we will see what Paul thinks about how the car is running/mapped, hopefully everything is ok.

Hoping to attend the Renault sport track day at Bedford next Friday, just waiting for someone to get back to me about there place

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Its a Yorkshire RR meet, I am only going so Paul can have a look at the car and check the AFR'S ect, if you want to run your car you should be ok as there are a few people who have dropped out.

Renaultsport track evening all booked up so will get some footage on the go pro.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Made the trip up to RS Tuning today to have the car put on the rolling road and have the AFR checked. As I thought the car is running rich, Paul said that the map just needs a few tweak's to get it spot on, so I will be heading back up next Thursday to have this done. The car produced 241.5 bhp and around 225ft/lbs so not a million mile's away from the figures it achieved on ktec's dyno (251 bhp/243 ft/lbs).

rstuningdynorun002_zps9f195cf1.jpg

Changed my brake pads and fluid the other night, I have been using mintex 1155's and halfords 5.1 dot. Brakes seemed ok but no were near as good as they should off been. When I first fitted the willwoods I don't think I bleed them properly and this was the reason for there poor performance, removed pads to find very uneven ware

padscaliper005_zpsbc329d8c.jpg

padscaliper006_zps8429d49d.jpg

On closer inspection we found that the left hand caliper had been rubbing against the disc causing the caliper to ware away and cause a ridge which when we tried to fit the new pads the left side wouldn't fit.

padscaliper004_zps83152199.jpg

padscaliper003_zps0e4d333c.jpg

Took the caliper off and filed done the ridge, refitted caliper and fitted new pads(ds2500) changed the fluid (motul rbf) bleed brakes properly this time and the brakes are now awesome.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Was aiming to get to the rr today with the new turbo but a job came in and threw a spanner in the works

Clio 197
Good to meet you today mate, car looked, sounded and pulled great. Hope you get the fuelling sorted with Paul on Thursday, the car will be awesome afterwards :race:

Joe (Albi Clio 197 from today)

Get some ATE super blue fluid in there Dom from Euro car parts, probably a discount on there site as always.

Nice results at RS tuning also, should be pleased with that :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Good to meet you today mate, car looked, sounded and pulled great. Hope you get the fuelling sorted with Paul on Thursday, the car will be awesome afterwards :race:

Joe (Albi Clio 197 from today)

Thanks mate was good to meet you as well, sorry I didn't hang around to long, but its a long drive home.

Get some ATE super blue fluid in there Dom from Euro car parts, probably a discount on there site as always.

Nice results at RS tuning also, should be pleased with that :)

I am using Motul Rbf mate, yeah pleased with the result will be good to see how it is after Paul has had a play

Had a great evening at Bedford yesterday, the car preformed without fault, didn't get any videos as my go pro was playing up. Going to RSTuning on Thursday, will good to see what Paul can do.