ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged or Turbo 197

mazda 2 sport white
After driving the 197 yesterday I think it needs alot more grunt ,ie a turbo or a superchager , drove a lot of cooper s at work . A bit slow off the mark ie if you plant it it dies then picks up and go`s. I think it would be better with a turbo what do you all think .
the steering feels like its electric power steering asked the sales man about it and yes had`nt got a clue .:dapprove:

MKIII 138
dont ask sales people, my m8 rob used to work at reno and i asked him about the cars he said "couldnt give a fuk mate, just need pub money"

Elise/VX220/R26
you'll be lucky to get anything in that little engine bay, I'm sure a turbo conversion will emerge at some point

Turbo conversion/supercharger conversion could be done but personally if you want more power then normaly aspirated tunning is the way forward.
Its an electric stearing rack though.

Elise/VX220/R26
to be fair if you want more power the obvious thing to do would be to get a megane and save yourself a couple of grand while your at it!

M2 Competition
Once you look at the price of a specced up 197, and the price of a turbo...

Id waste 25k on an exige mate!

Nissan 350Z
Clio 197 = big step up in safety, refinement and build quality. Big step back in driving fun. Typical modern car then.

I'll be hanging on to my 182 for some time I think. And even if I did swap for something else, it wont be another "hot hatch" as they are pretty much dead now.

80MPG BEEZA
i'll wait either get mine turbo'd or TB'd i hate the new clio in everyway, eberytmie i seee one i cringe there awful if i wanted a megane i'd get a 225 not a clio trying to be one