ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superchip

Clio 172 Cup
Hi there, can anyone advise me as to the superchip which should offer the best power increase for a clio sport (Cup) 03 plate (aimed for increasing mainly accelaration)? What power and torque gains should i expect? and prices if possible. Also, is it highly advised to upgrade other parts like exhaust system etc. I dont intend on changing much else on the car, all i have so far is a pipercross panel filter. Might change exhaust if it would make chip much more effective.

Cheers for any advise...

FOR SALE!!!
would i feel the advatnge of a remap on a 1.2 with de-cat exhasut and cat back system and air filter ? what kind of gains would i get as just looked and said remap be bout 245 could live with that if ok gains were made

Fiesta ST
would i feel the advatnge of a remap on a 1.2 with de-cat exhasut and cat back system and air filter ? what kind of gains would i get as just looked and said remap be bout 245 could live with that if ok gains were made

Tbh I would say a normal "off the shelf chip" would be fine with those kinds of mods, if money was an issue. I wouldn't consider a complete remap until you start doing cams and headwork as then you should see more results for your wonga. :)

FOR SALE!!!

Tbh I would say a normal "off the shelf chip" would be fine with those kinds of mods, if money was an issue. I wouldn't consider a complete remap until you start doing cams and headwork as then you should see more results for your wonga. :)

arrhh ok mate thanks:D

Fiesta ST

arrhh ok mate thanks:D

No worris, I'm not saying you wouldn't get any results at all... but for that kind of money why not wait until your done mod'ing and then want the ECU mapped properly. :)

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
For a Mk1 172 RS what will be maximum gain, HP-wise ?

Car has de-cat + free-flow centre-silencer + remus (the one for RS only) + viper + inlet matched.

After re-map, round-abouts where are we ? around 180 HP's ?

I am from Turkey, For an exchange basis how much will it cost to me?

Fast chip newly developed a programmer tool which is going to be very helpful for overseas customers, Do you have a similar option ?

97 RON is fairly cheap as compared to 100 RON in here, Is there a way to have a map specificly altered for 97 RON from superchips?

One last question, there is also a Grp N ECU available from Renault-Sport, what is the expected gain with this ECU and what are the differences between having this ECU or get it superchipped. Are they very close to each I other? I assume Grp N ECU is also for free flow zorst and free flow air filter.

Thanks for the answers

Superchips dealers can custom map...

Hmm sort of

I am a superchips dealer too and all you can do is tell them the mods and they will do what they can

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Hmm sort of

I am a superchips dealer too and all you can do is tell them the mods and they will do what they can

Rubbish.

I had a custom Superchip remap carried out at Sanspeed, performed on a rolling road.

Much better than any off the shelf remap IMHO.

Hence the Hmm sort of!

There is no way a superchip can be fully custom because the person modding the file is not tuning the car! If you think different it appears you have been fed lots of crap!

saxo
Rubbish.

I had a custom Superchip remap carried out at Sanspeed, performed on a rolling road.

Hence the Hmm sort of!

There is no way a superchip can be fully custom because the person modding the file is not tuning the car! If you think different it appears you have been fed lots of crap!

that is what ''nspeed is.
they feed bullshit.
iam a mechanic and couldnt believe the shite they were telling me mate.
one example,the throttle position sensor voltage too high/low.
this was for a fault diagnoses,and just for that they put it on the rolling road.wtf was that for?
they are idiots there from my own personal experience.

Rubbish.

Hence the Hmm sort of!

Of course it is custom to the car, that's why it was tuned on a rolling road - no phone calls to Superchips etc

Also you haven't answered Englebert's question above;
What is the difference between what you can do with a Superchip and your own map then Paul?

Paul, I'm not knocking you product but there does seem to be a lot of bullsh1t and miss-information about. Do you use one programme for all or is your remap custom to each car and its mods? And how is that done without a rolling road?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
What is the difference between what you can do with a Superchip and your own map then Paul?

I write my maps and superchips write theirs basically

There are many differences in what is modded but i don't want to give my game away:D

Paul

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Hence the Hmm sort of!

Of course it is custom to the car, that's why it was tuned on a rolling road - no phone calls to Superchips etc

Also you haven't answered Englebert's question above;

Paul, I'm not knocking you product but there does seem to be a lot of bullsh1t and miss-information about. Do you use one programme for all or is your remap custom to each car and its mods? And how is that done without a rolling road?

If superchips were not involved then you don't have a superchip. Did they give you anything else when they remapped it? Sounds like you have a custom map from a superchips dealer like me but not a "superchip"
I write all my own maps and use a dyno to setup a base for different mods. I then adjust to the requirements of the car.

Paul

If superchips were not involved then you don't have a superchip. Did they give you anything else when they remapped it? Sounds like you have a custom map from a superchips dealer like me but not a "superchip"
I write all my own maps and use a dyno to setup a base for different mods. I then adjust to the requirements of the car.

Paul

It was explained to me like this;

Sanspeed started by loading the basic 182 Superchip programme as a base and then fine tune from there on there rolling road to match my engine and modifications.

In total they did five power runs, I walked away with a Superchip key and rolling road graphs and a big smile on my face.

Could feel the improvement straight away, much smoother with better pick up. Was also given the choice of rev limit.

I went with Superchips and Sanspeed after numerous recommendations, before I was aware of your services.

Remap Tuning Available
Superchip files on 172 and 182 are wa*k ,, just have a remap from paul.

NOT a superchip but special personal file from a superchip delaer.
And it is probabaly @ less cost than a "superchip" as well :)

The answer is simple :)

Superchip files on 172 and 182 are wa*k ,, just have a remap from paul.

NOT a superchip but special personal file from a superchip delaer.
And it is probabaly @ less cost than a "superchip" as well :)

The answer is simple :)

The answer is simple if you want a personal custom service with rolling road graphs for before, during and after the installation.

Remap Tuning Available
The answer is simple if you want a personal custom service with rolling road graphs for before, during and after the installation.

You carnt drive a piece of paper with 8-10 ish bhp more on it !!!

What do you think a road test before during and after is ?
All but a rolling road without a printer attached.

And as for rolling roading the 172 and 182, considering the gain to be had from a STANDARD nasp car there is realy no need.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Also to add, IF you do have a custom superchips remap these guys must be the only dealer in the country to create their own files and supply them as superchips!

Paul

You carnt drive a piece of paper with 8-10 ish bhp more on it !!!

What do you think a road test before during and after is ?
All but a rolling road without a printer attached.

And as for rolling roading the 172 and 182, considering the gain to be had from a STANDARD nasp car there is realy no need.

Most people myself included wanted to see the improvement in figures as well as smiles.

You're products / services have been highly praised on this site by many users and if I hadn't already had it done elsewhere I might be looking to get either you or Paul to remap my car (I'm guessing here that there is a connection or you use the same products?).

But smart comments like 'you can't drive a bit a paper' and generally slagging off the competition would keep me well away.

If your products are much better than any others then explain why.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
(I'm guessing here that there is a connection or you use the same products?).

Bell Autos are not far from me and we speak on a regular basis but we have no connections and as i said before I MAKE my own files.

As for this thread.... i was trying to make a point which is if the dealer has no connection to superchips via phone or email when tuning a 172/182 you don't have a superchip. Simple.
You can argue this fact all you want but trust me i know how they work as i am also a dealer for them

Paul

(I'm guessing here that there is a connection or you use the same products?).

Bell Autos are not far from me and we speak on a regular basis but we have no connections and as i said before I MAKE my own files.

As for this thread.... i was trying to make a point which is if the dealer has no connection to superchips via phone or email when tuning a 172/182 you don't have a superchip. Simple.
You can argue this fact all you want but trust me i know how they work as i am also a dealer for them

Paul

OK thanks Paul, so basically I have a Sanspeed modified superchip programme. I will speak to both Sanspeed and Superchips about this as I would like to clarify the situation re warranty etc.

Remap Tuning Available
Sorry for the smart comments and i can see your point :eek:

What i forget when i type on forums is that i have the understanding of the 172 and 182 cars files and know its limits and what is to be gained and most customers dont have this knowledge.

This alone is why i can see why there is no need for a rolling road run and the extra cost added for doing so.

But customers/owners do, and want rolling road figure for proof of gain.

I generaly try and tell it how it is ,, sometimes this comes across as me been clever and this is not how i intend it to be.

A lame excuse for my ignorance i know but this is how i think and sometimes just asume that poeple know as much as me .

Sorry.

Last edited: