ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

superchips / remaps

not knowing much about this sort of thing, what are the advantages / disadvantages or having this done....

little bit more power possibly ? smoother power delivery ?

any downsides??

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont bother with a superchip, unless its actually being mapped on a RR session, cos otherwise they do very little

wait for Nick at Hill Power to sort a chip out

VR6Man

Just do a search for Superchip - weve been over it loads of times... Ive got a SuperChip and its okay. Ive done about 10,000 miles on it. No change to the rev limit (unlike some people) but it did get me 7 bhp extra at the wheels (about 10/11 bhp at flywheel) which is just about what they advertise, so I dont feel unhappy with it. Having said that though, I certainly wouldnt get one now if I had the choice again - its not that different performance considering the £250 it cost me!!! I wouldve been better off spending the money on some driver training / track time methinks...

Matt

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yeah good call Matt - I never would have believed the difference a remap of the nut behind the wheel could make until I went on a track!