ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supermini or Hatchback

What is the clio?

One word answers first please! ie. "supermini" or "hatchback"

Eleborate after if you must?

For me the Clio defines hatchback. Especially since the word supermini only popped up 3 or 4 years ago!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Supermini and hatchback. its both.

Supermini is the class/market sector.

Hatchback is the bodystyle.

Id say..

The 16v/Williams/172/Cup/182/V6 are Hot Hatches.. Well, maybe the V6 isnt a hot hatch.. I dunno, but Id put it in the class above the rest personally.

Clios are Hatchbacks.. unless you in Europe and have a Saloon.

Superminis are as Tom said..

Ziel Nurburgring

Renault covered 2 sector/sizes with one car, the 106/206 sectors. I suppose the twingo was their answer to the smaller sector but it was never introduced over here......But as Tom says the clio is both

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the next twingo will come here to fill the citycar segment, it think its the end of the year.

VW Potato

Quote: Originally posted by Kenbot on 05 February 2004

For me the Clio defines hatchback. Especially since the word supermini only popped up 3 or 4 years ago!

Not so - the original Polo and Fiat 127 were superminis, many, many years ago (i.e. they were bigger than the mini, making them super - sized minis; hence, supermini

g

Still doesnt explain the modern context of the word.

Shall I invent "micromini" for cars smaller than the mini?

172, Tiguan

Sorry, im finding it very hard that you cant grasp this concept.

A clio is a) a supermini, because it is in that market segment.

b) a hatchback because it is not a saloon, conv, suv, estate.....