ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surprise Surprise

Clio v6

How does the CUP change into 6th? and carry on to 150+ mph ?

Maybe I should sell this V6 I am missing something. Thanks for the reminder.

Anyone want my V6 for £3k I want a SAXO.

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 18 November 2002

How does the CUP change into 6th? and carry on to 150+ mph ?

Maybe I should sell this V6 I am missing something. Thanks for the reminder.

Anyone want my V6 for £3k I want a SAXO.
Tell me anywhere in THE UK including ANY TRACK where you could do 150MPH PLUS.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Big Bash on 18 November 2002

There isnt a waiting list, unless your talking about the one on Mars

The Mk2 V6 has a waiting list because it isnt out yet idiot

i know because its not on my driveway, its in bits in france.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ok why buy a ferrari when a caterham R500 could kill it for £70,000ish less?

its a question of taste

and as for the 150mph plus thing

TT circuit?
Millbrook
Bruntingtorpe
Santapod
And many many more

im not sure how big Bruntingthorpe is, but there are always impressive top speeds set there

Top Secret managed to get up to 194mph on the A1, it is possible if you f**k the laws, and dont care about you licence

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by VTS_DUDE on 18 November 2002

Why WASTE 25K on a V6 when a CUP will do a better job? 25K for a mental CLIO is not money wisely spent...
How does the CUP do a better job of getting to 150+ mph?

No I have an awfull habit of spending money unwisely. Still its only money, I have only a couple of million left to waste so I best take it easy.

DASH, for 25K you could have gotten a 2nd hand skyline R33 or R34 that will piss all over your beloved V6, six speed.

Also as another option if you really wanted 6 gears and 150+mph then you can pump a few K of the 10K you would save into the CUP to get this, but WHY! 6 gears isnt anything special...

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 18 November 2002

Quote: Originally posted by VTS_DUDE on 18 November 2002

Why WASTE 25K on a V6 when a CUP will do a better job? 25K for a mental CLIO is not money wisely spent...
How does the CUP do a better job of getting to 150+ mph?

No I have an awfull habit of spending money unwisely. Still its only money, I have only a couple of million left to waste so I best take it easy.
So if you had a couple of million knocking around your bank why are you wasting your time in this forum, shouldnt you be out there enjoying it?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

what is it then?

you drive down the strip round the corner and back where you started

yes i have been to the ttcircuit have you?

and as for the old "why get this when you could have this" debate its personal preference matey

you want a saxo\106\dustbin- i dont

i want a v6- you dont

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 18 November 2002

what is it then?

So youd spend £25k an a very average V6 (power to cost price) to take it down to Santapod to get completely embarrased by EVERY other car there, kinda defeats the object doesnt it

what is it then?

Come on guy, if you are talking about SANTA POD its a DRAG strip, not a race track...

Ahhh I see now, how you 172ers drive, in straight lines...now I get where you guys are coming from..with your mega handling......IN STRAIGHT LINES....PAH!

I thought Id put all this to the test...

So I asked my good friend who has a VTS for a little test. His exact words were " but you know youll win? "

I said I wasnt so sure after what the VTS lads on here had said...

So we jumped in our chariots and found some traffic lights just outside Oxford on a dual carriage way and were clear. Both cars were warm.

To say I opened a big can of Whoop ass is an understatement!!!

Admitedly this was not on the twisty stuff but the Cup is lowered so would think it would be as good if not better?

The defence rests!

(and before you ask hes not a member of the Saxo Club as hes got a life)

Clio v6

I enjoy it almost every night. I mostly enjoy giving a lot to charities. I have to have a breather for at least a few hours in the day. I am not getting any younger. One can become detatched from the real world if not too careful thus the forum helps me to keep a little of my sanity.

Time for a knap thanks for the advice.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

You never said it had to be a circuit ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Sangy on 18 November 2002

I thought Id put all this to the test...

So I asked my good friend who has a VTS for a little test. His exact words were " but you know youll win? "

I said I wasnt so sure after what the VTS lads on here had said...

So we jumped in our chariots and found some traffic lights just outside Oxford on a dual carriage way and were clear. Both cars were warm.

To say I opened a big can of Whoop ass is an understatement!!!

Admitedly this was not on the twisty stuff but the Cup is lowered so would think it would be as good if not better?

The defence rests!

(and before you ask hes not a member of the Saxo Club as hes got a life)

SEE MY POINT....yet another 172er racing in a straight line...thats a real test a cars handling hey! Did you manage to get it up on 3 wheels?

We werent testing the handling numbnutz...

Read the post carefully and it says " Admitedly this was not on the twisty stuff but the Cup is lowered so would think it would be as good if not better? "

This is why my mate doesnt want to join the Saxo owners club due to the "people" on there. He just likes the car.

You never said it had to be a circuit ;)
Well done for pointing that out, top of the class you may go.

I guess trying to be objective to someone who cannot mentally comprehend what you are trying to say is difficult...

Must be some awfully constructive posts on thier forum. E.G.

Bonehead 1. " I bought a new sunstrip and LED washers "

Bonehead 2. " Thatll make it handle better than a 172 then "

figures...

I take extreme offence to the last statement about the SSC Sangy...

Didnt want to get involved with this petty argument, but hey...

If you want a bit of straight line action bring your cup along to York or the Pod next year I will quite happily wipe the floor with you!

yep, one of only a couple, im just trying to find the performance figures for it

215bhp & 190 ft/lb torque

Hey, just relaying his comments and he owns one!

If thats how you play it....

I also dont usually get involved but this was getting rather silly and need to be brought into perspective. I take offence at people coming onto our board to have a little pop, keep your opions on your board then these little tete a tetes wont start.

This isnt Saxo sport at the end of the day...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

True i dont see clio sport members on the ssc site behaving like idiots

This is probably going even more off topic but, the money for power thing I bought my 16v for 2k and if I spend another 1k on the engine it would kill a VTS and look a hell of a lot better doing it as valvers are not as common as muck, like Saxo VTS and VTRs, at the end of the day this is just some fool who has come over to the forum to cause trouble, he will never show his car and would never have the balls to either go on the rollers or on a track day so why dont we just ignore the c**t and not lower ourselves.

Marcus

I dont really agree with what VTR_Dude has said or done, but I dont think you should start flaming the whole of the SSC just because of the actions of a few individuals...

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Scenario:

Standard Saxo VS Standard 172, on any road in UK.

Result:

172 wipes floor with saxo, end of story, Williams would eat a VTS alive as would a good 16V.

Now go away and play with your neon windowscreen washers.

Hardcore you have modified your VTS to give you much greater speeds and power than a standard one like VTS_DUDE, you could probably toast most, if not all of use, he would struggle in a standard VTS to even keep sight of a 172.

its funny how people can get the wrong impression.

I was honestly just passing what he said on to the viewers at home. didnt mention you personally, in fact I remember a few posts from you when you roasted Daipac at york I think it was which were perfectly amicable.

I apologise for what I said but my comments about it NOT being called Saxo sport still stand.

Might still take you up on that Santa Pod offer after my Winter spending is finished!