ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surround Sound Problem - Techno geeks?

Trying to get my DVD player/surround sound combo working with my TV, Sky box and xbox.

If I put a DVD in the dvd player, the sound comes through the TV AND the surround sound. I simply turn the volume on the TV off and it's fine. However when I play Sky on the TV, I don't get any sound from the surround sound, only the TV speakers.

I've tried the audio cables from the surround sound all different ways including putting them into the TV and into the Sky box etc.

How should it be connected to have the surround sound being used on all formats?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
if its a sony tv you have to select the audio channel you wish to use. also the speakers should be wired to the TV and not straight to the DVD if thats what you have done.

It's an LG tele bud.

The speakers can only be wired straight into the DVD player. It's all the same unit and the speakers have connections on the end that only fit into the DVD player.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
have you tried changing the channel on the DVD??? im pretty sure you can change the input source from the DVD to the TV. what make is the surround sound system?

Not really sure what you mean. I pretty much know nothing about surround sound. It's the old one my folks had in the living room that I've pulled out the loft to use for myself, it's Philips.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Fagan, you sound like you have the EXACT same set up as me. I have TV, Surround Sound, Sky and XBox all connected. I'll describe my setup below...

Starting with the TV, I only have my Surround Sound connected to this (via HD Cable) nothing else. My SS has a built in DVD player too so obviously everything on this also comes through SS.

My Sky box connects directly into the 'in' HD port on my Surround Sound, unfortunately there is only one HD port for 'in' devices, so I swap this over when running my XBox.

It really is as simple as that for me, not too many cables at all. Hope this helps.