ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension fitting London area

S13
Got some Apex springs from EvilJohn off here and some new OE shocks, I've come to a bit of a dead end when it comes to fitting them. I've rung around pretty much every single garage in my postcode and the cheapest price is 125, Xtreme in Harlow want 120 for the job. Does that seem a bit steep to people or is that an ok price? If that's ok price then I might as well go for it but I didn't expect it to be that much tbh.

Before any genius suggests it I do not want to fit them myself - but if anyone in the club in the London area wants to fit them for me with my help I'm sure we could come to some sort of financial/blowjob arrangment.

Ta,

Rob.

Thats a bit to steap.

I'm stuck who could do it cheap down south. Hopefully someoene will post a name up.

RS Meg 175
is it springs or the dampers aswell? its not that difficult to do with decent tools and spring compressors

Im near stevenage and could help, or just come to the meet on sunday up enfield way and im sure someone could help lol

S13
I'm not sure many people would be prepared to help me in the middle of a meet lol. I know it's not that difficult on paper but whenever i do anything mechanical to my car it always seems to go tits up and that's why I'm not prepared to do this by myself. Have you done it to your car mate?

Lionel Richie
its 1hour labour for a pro (45min job if you happened to be called Fred)

Mark Fish in Harlow maybe

i'd pay no more than 1.5 hrs labour

Lionel Richie
is it springs or the dampers aswell? its not that difficult to do with decent tools and spring compressors

Im near stevenage and could help, or just come to the meet on sunday up enfield way and im sure someone could help lol

you don't need spring compressors when lowering a 172

Burgandy 174 sport t
could easily do it at a meet
just find a nice undercover car park
sorted!!

Im not quite as good as fred yet but just over an hour for me, I should be able to cut that dwn next time by not takin the back wheels off!!!

1.6 focus zetec....
Dunnoooo.... Just seen lap-tabs wheel cleaner and wax...rate it or not used it??

Sorry for going off topic!!

Kiza

S13
Don't worry, do with this topic what you will! If people haven't come forward by now I doubt they're going to, plus I've been told somewhere to get it done anyway.

And I've got a 1.2 yeah. 1.2 powah!

1.6 focus zetec....
You could come to birmingham and get it done if you want but will probably cost you more in petrol!!

Kiza