ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension guru's needed, stanced boys need not apply

Random question, do the 205's toe out in bump on the rear Frenchthing?

I don`t know.... I own a 106... ;)

As for showing your findings it would probably help tempt people if they can actually see what there wheels are doing thru the suspension cycle.. anyone can make a product and say "yeah it works, trust me"

Lol.. aye its an XSI.. I never measured the std setup but I do know once lowered they do misbehave!!

Mines massivley altered now (307 hubs, fabricated bodies with altered ackerman, adjustable wishbones):

20130722_181320_zpsf3ac5419.jpg

20130722_181256_zps47affbb5.jpg

The rear has had even more work:

20131222_123251_zpsyq0xjiwd.jpg

Now im not claiming to be a guru, but being friends with the Satchell boys who developed the pug stuff aswell as doing a LOT of reading I have picked up a few things..

Its hard to tell from the pics and I havent seen any details of these kits (measurements for the 'cones' that drop components are probably kept quiet to stop copies) but the fixed nature of it means its a comprimised design even something as small as changing the toe angle will throw the bumpsteer out again and without shims or adjustability in the linkages its impossible to dial out anything...

this is only my opinion of course.. anything must be better than standard I guess..

Stu..

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Now im not claiming to be a guru, but being friends with the Satchell boys who developed the pug stuff aswell as doing a LOT of reading I have picked up a few things..

Its hard to tell from the pics and I havent seen any details of these kits (measurements for the 'cones' that drop components are probably kept quiet to stop copies) but the fixed nature of it means its a comprimised design even something as small as changing the toe angle will throw the bumpsteer out again and without shims or adjustability in the linkages its impossible to dial out anything...

this is only my opinion of course.. anything must be better than standard I guess..

Stu..

I think I read somewhere that the pins on this kit are 30mm, so I guess they are only any good for lowering the car 30mm?
Assuming everything right at standard height, is the lowering amount, and pin length relative? I.E. lower it 50mm then you need 50mm cones/pins to bring it back inline?