ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suspension kits

Im currently rolling on apex 40mm springs and shocks. But every time i go down a slightly uneven road Im just about bouncing out of my sunroof. Anyone suggest springs that will give a smoother ride? Cheers.

clio 200

i have koni adjustables on my 172 cup and its a stiff ride but comfortable and handling is good too. have always had konis on every car i have had

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

the spax springs are pretty harsh, even with my dampers on the softest setting its pretty harsh.

You wont get a kit that performs well and handles well, imo.

The spax 60mm springs are harsh mainly because they have to be, due to how much the lower the car - youll find that with any kit that lowers that much.

The best thing to do is go for coilovers, the likes of H&Rs have seperate helper springs to help smooth the ride out a fair bit.

The Beast MK4

Coilovers are a spring and damper unit in one matey. You can adjust height and damping levels. If you want the slammed to fook look and have the pennies go for these.

How do coilovers compare with springs for general driving. As far as the apex springs being far from smooth on any surface.

Quote: Originally posted by lee74721 on 25 July 2005

How do coilovers compare with springs for general driving. As far as the apex springs being far from smooth on any surface.

\depends how you set them up mate, its a 5 min job to change the settings on coilovers.

The handling is superb.

I had GAZ coilovers on my 172, i have now just bought a set of GAZ coilovers for the willified valver

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

essentially theyre the same as springs and shocks...

my point was with reference to the helper springs you often find on coilovers, a small soft spring which reacts faster to bumps in the road than the main spring - thus giving you a smoother ride.

[Edited by Friction on 26 July 2005 at 12:56am]