ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUSPENSION LIFT OPTIONS FOR A CLIO???????

2001 Clio 1.2 RN 8v
HERE IS MY SITUATION. I HAVE A 2001 CLIO 1.2 RN WITH A 8 VALVE HEAD. I BLEW A HOLE IN THE ENGINE BLOCK SO I PURCHASED A BRAND NEW FROM THE FACTORY ENGINE AND INSTALLED IT WITH A NEW CLUTCH AND VARIOUS OTHER PARTS HOPING TO GET ANOTHER 10 YEARS OUT OF THE CAR. I WANT TO CUTOMIZE THE CAR A BIT AND OBVIOUSLY IT WILL NEVER BE A FAST SPORTY CAR WITH 60-70 HP EVEN WITH MODS SO... SINCE i AM IN ICELAND AND THERE ARE PLEANTY SNOWY GLACIERS AND DIRT ROADS WITH STREAMS TO CROSS,,, IM THINKING TO LIFT IT A BIT AND PUT LARGER TIRES. I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE DONE BEFORE. FIRST CHOICE WOULD BE TO SWAP SUSPENSION PARTS FROM A TALLER STANCE RENAULT BUT i DONT KNOW THEIR PARTICULARS OR EVEN IF THE STRUTS SHARE BOLT PATTERNS. ANY THOUGHTS, INFORMATION OR IDEAS ARE WELCOME!!! THIS THREAD WILL TAKE SOME MULTI MODEL RENAULT SUSPENSION EXPERIENCE! THANKS :evil:

2001 Clio 1.2 RN 8v
What about a spring and strut replacement from a Renault Scenic rx4??? It will give extra range of motion but I wonder if the axels can handle the extension.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Depends on how much you want to lift it really as all the suspension geometry will change the higher you go. If you just wanted to go up a bit, fit the springs and dampers off a Clio Diesel model as they are probably going to be stiffer and a bit longer than the ones already on your car (its what I used to do to my road rally cars years ago to gain a bit of height).

2001 Clio 1.2 RN 8v
Great information! any idea how much extra clearance you pulled off from the swap? 1" or so I suppose. Also how big a tire were you able to pull off without modifying the wheel well? If you can remember.