ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension Question

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I was speaking to Nick at Hillpower today about a lowered suspension kit for my clio.
He asked me something about the distance between the suspension mounting on the hub and the bolt that attaches it!?! He said the distance would be either 52 or 54mm. Does this sound right?
Anyway is this something that can be specified by the year and model of my car of does it vary from clio to clio. My car is a K plate 1993 1.4RT, if anyone knows anything about this, your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Rick

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

ive got a 96 RT (not the bug eyed) i first went and got 54 but i was wrong so now ive got some 52mm, from what i gather yours should be 54mm because its a k. not 100% sure but 98.
go for 54mm, if they dont fit panic and see if you can get just the fronts again in 52mm

because of all the agro i still havent had my new fronts fittedone month later, should be within the week though

i got this wrong too first time. The real measurement is the distance between the lower of the two bolts and the centre of the strut bottom.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

benr, what age is ur RT?? and what size was ur shocks??

Ben P, i think its that the younger models are 52mm

its a 94, one of the first phase 2 clios. and i think,if my memory serves me right is was 52....i ordered 55 first but they didnt fit cause i measued the distance between the two bolt centres, not strut centre and lwer bolt.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

ive got one of the last phase 2 but i still think the phase one was 54 and younger is 52. still not 100% though