ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension Refresh/Upgrade

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
I have had the cup now three years and apart from some prolines the old girl is on the original suspension as far as im aware. The cars on 57k and is feeling a little loose on the steering/susp department.
I must admit to liking the ride of the PRO's but wouldn't mind taking a little more roll out of the car's ride, the car is used for a bit of commuting but mainly A/B road blasts and the odd action day at the combe.
I know from last time i had my tracking done the track rod ends are past their best and the top mounts are a bit shot which has been confirmed to me at the MOT.
As as i have a little cash to spend i was thinking of what i could do with regards to suspension.
I have done some searching and have a few ideas now.

I have about 500 notes to spend and I have a few ideas:
1- Renew the OE shocks keep the Prolines and new OE topmounts maybe new bushes
2-Same as above but with solid topmounts prob AST's
3-Or go for Ktec/vmax coil's and solid mounts (This is interesting me most but worried the ride may be a bit sloppy when in attack mode :evil:)

Also i like the sound of those ARB's that Fred was selling maybe tying one of those in somewhere if i can get hold of one.
Any Ideas would be helpful :cool:

cant comment on the suspension as im in pretty much same boat as you, but mines on 74k so somethin needs doing soon. i can say though the whiteline arb i got recently, is one of the best things i done to the car. feels MUCH better through the corners. couldnt beleive how gd it was even on the softest setting.

Clio II 1.4 16V
I have very similar situation.. ..I'm looking for new dampers and I can't decide between Koni yelow and Bilstein B8. Any sugestions?

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Had a root around to get some gen on the koni's and they sound pretty good like the thought of adjusting the shocks to suit,would they suit solid top mounts as well

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Right I have made my mind up on keeping the pro's and to go for the koni shocks, Ast top mounts and a whiteline arb. Will the Ast's fit with the koni's??