ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension Top Mount Video - opinions?

Clio 182
I'm trying to diagnose which one of my front wheels has over 2 degrees of negative camber, so I decided to remove the damper and inspect the top mount bearing.

The bearing itself seems fine however part of the mount seems to have loads of play in it?? In the video, you can see that the insert is free to move around inside the rubber mount; when fitted and the suspension is loaded up the rubber mount will remain stationary meaning the top of the damper could move? The rubber does not appear worn on the inside which has got me puzzled! Car is on 30k miles now and I've pretty much ruled out any problem with the bottom of the strut.

Any thoughts welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 172 Cup, Volvo
Funny I was just changing the top mounts on mine today, and yes they did move like that. Mine where brand knew from Renault.

Clio 182
Funny I was just changing the top mounts on mine today, and yes they did move like that. Mine where brand knew from Renault.
Superb, that's what I wanted to know! I thought it didn't look worn but, can't figure out why the damper is free to move around at the top!