ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension.......

CLIO 182
Hi,

I have a Clio 182, supposedly with cup packs, but obviously a spoiler and lower lip are easy things to add by a dealer. I believe the difference is 54mm and 60mm on the bolt spacing.

I have tried measuring with the wheel on, but its a nightmare to be honest. One of the bolts have snapped off and can't get the wheel off till I get into the garage. I really could do with ordering the shocks before hand.

I assume this is the ONLY way to know what suspension you have on the car?

Tempted to take the risk.........

Lionel Richie
full lock and look at the toothed wheel behind the brake disc on the driveshaft, if its 7mm thick - non cup, ifs its 15mm+ thick - cup, pretty obvious!

A stupid question, but when ordering a new car why would anyone say, no I don't want that improvement, or that improvement!? :S And turn down the cup packs! How much extra do they cost on a new car?

Audi A5
A stupid question, but when ordering a new car why would anyone say, no I don't want that improvement, or that improvement!? :S And turn down the cup packs! How much extra do they cost on a new car?

Main reason would of been, it costs extra to have that option. I don't know how much it was.

CLIO 182
full lock and look at the toothed wheel behind the brake disc on the driveshaft, if its 7mm thick - non cup, ifs its 15mm+ thick - cup, pretty obvious!

Thanks, shall have a look. Easy to do with the wheel on the ground?

You taking the piss?

he said he has snapped one bolt and can't get that wheel of until he goes into the garage, take the other one off?

Worried that the other bolts snap on the other side (garage must've put them on with an air gun), would rather not take the risk till I can get it in the garage and have to worry about driving 150miles with 3 bolts either side.

phase 1 flamer 172
You taking the piss?

he said he has snapped one bolt and can't get that wheel of until he goes into the garage, take the other one off?

NO, I WASNT TAKING THE PISS, didnt even cross my mind to take the other side of.

182 ff
you can also look at your springs,front have yellow and blue markings on them,
back have red and white.
but to make sure the shocks are cup measure the spacing with the wheel off.
the cup pack was £200 extra ,what a bargin.
Hi,

I have a Clio 182, supposedly with cup packs, but obviously a spoiler and lower lip are easy things to add by a dealer. I believe the difference is 54mm and 60mm on the bolt spacing.

I have tried measuring with the wheel on, but its a nightmare to be honest. One of the bolts have snapped off and can't get the wheel off till I get into the garage. I really could do with ordering the shocks before hand.

I assume this is the ONLY way to know what suspension you have on the car?

Tempted to take the risk.........

phase 1 flamer 172
are you checking the car for the op then? :S

Sorry, what dont get you, i saw the original post and didnt think of any advice i could give, i then saw the advice to take the other wheel of and thought brilliant, couldnt believe that it didnt cross my mind to do that.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Which wheel has snapped a bolt off?

If its passsenger side I personally wouldnt drive it at all, not even round the block, and even drivers side I wouldnt be mega keen to go and drive it 150 miles.

CLIO 182
Which wheel has snapped a bolt off?

If its passsenger side I personally wouldnt drive it at all, not even round the block, and even drivers side I wouldnt be mega keen to go and drive it 150 miles.

Drivers side, done 300+ in it. Safe and sound :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Drivers side, done 300+ in it. Safe and sound :)

Drivers side is far less of an issue, still a risk the insurers would pay out if you had a problem though, as I think it would be fair to consider a car with missing wheel stud not in roadworthy condition.

Glad it went ok for you though :)