ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension

Clio 182/VRS Estate
Has any one used apex lowering springs on a 182? Are you better sticking to standard cup springs?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I have and found them fine, cheap too.

Lots hate them.

I’d get

H&R which I have
Eibach sportlines
Eibach prolines
Cooksports

Clio 182/VRS Estate
I have and found them fine, cheap too.

Lots hate them.

I’d get

H&R which I have
Eibach sportlines
Eibach prolines
Cooksports
Likelihood is I'll not be tracking the car, not a lot anyway. So just want to freshen up the suspension and don't want to go crazy on money with it. If the apex are decent enough then I'm cook with that. Did you notice much difference handling wise to your standard springs?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
After having all the above springs mentioned i would buy H&R again. Ride is good, not to firm but handles and looks better.

I run 15's so the drop could do with being a touch more, but thats £700 coilover money, which i won't be spending :)

Clio 182/VRS Estate
Yeah the coil overs are crazy money. Read good things about AP and Vmaxx though. £400 roughly for coil overs doesn't seem too bad?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Not used either mate. Reports arnt great from what i remember.

Imo decent shocks and H&R springs will serve you well. Whatever you buy remember its going on your car so try not to 'save' money.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah the coil overs are crazy money. Read good things about AP and Vmaxx though. £400 roughly for coil overs doesn't seem too bad?

I had AP's on my A3 and for the money they were spot on. They're basically cheaper KW's so the quality is there. Rated highly in the VAG world for a decent 'budget' coilover. Not sure what they're like on the Clio platform however.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I have ap on my non sport mk3, really impressed with them, quite firm, but they handle great, been on nearly 2 years and they still look new.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
apex are crashy as hell but sit about the lowest of all the aftermarket springs so car looks mint on them, annoying!
eibach sportline ride about the best but sit the highest for lowered aftermarkets.....see the trend here...wait for it
H&R sit between the two in crashyness and height!