ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suzuki Swift Sport

Suzuki Swift Sport
Hi there,

After much deliberation on what insurance friendly / cheap to run car I could replace the 182 with, I decided on the Swift Sport. Must say Im impressed with it so far, it was between this and the Zetec S fiesta. Found a good deal on this one which is a 57 plate with 25k miles, full Main Dealer History etc.

Also thought I would try out the new Iphone 4s to take a pic with it, not the best as the light was low!
6248917073_fbd86144ec_b.jpg

M16a
Smart, Same as mine!

Cracking wee cars, But make sure all 4 tyres are the same as this can upset them slightly.

But good choice, awesome fun for a "warm" hatch

Get some federal rsr tires, uprated brake pads and you'll have a truly epic car! Absolutely loved the one I drove recently.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Yeah ive got Eagle F1s all round at the mo, its taking some getting used to having a lot less power but its still a lot of fun so I dont mind too much!

I was thinking of getting some better discs / pads when they need doing and hopefully will do an odd track day next year :)

My only complaint is the low speed ride is a touch fidgety compared with the Renaultsport stuff but once your on the move it seems to smoothen out.

Would love to get the wheels done anthracite and some eibach springs (although not sure if they will mess it up?) but unfortunately house is the priority on the spends atm.

M16a
It goes in for a check on Thursday, there is a noise coming from the offside rear wheel / suspension area, so hopefully after that I'll get the Eibachs.

The Eibachs are highly rated on www.swiftowners.co.uk (but it's not a great forum) and don't ruin the ride at all..

Yours looks very clean, I like it. ( But I would.. )

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Swifts = Win.

Just need to grow some nads and build a proper rapid one! Slap a tubby on and i'll have a chubby on!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'd imagine Jordi is eligible to park in handicapped spaces, with or without one of these.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hmm don't see how you'd save much running this over a 182 TBH.

Still nice cars, I test drove one ages ago, MPG was shite though.

M135i
Nice choice!

I remember test driving one years ago when they first came out. Really good fun but I was put off by the slightly lofty driving position and it felt like it could do with a 6th gear for M-way cruising as it seemed a bit buzzy at M-way speeds.

I ended up getting a 197 instead which had pretty much the same faults! D'oh!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I was under impression MPG was worse than clio, revs it's tits off when driving at 60+

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
The tyres are odd sizes iirc. 195 45 17.
I ran eagle f1s cos thats all i could find. I lowered mine on h&r springs. not a good idea. It didnt ride very well.
Not great on the motorway. Thats why i sold mine.

You must be loving the gear box now tho. Its sweet. Best bit of the car

M16a
I get 40+ Mpg in mine. I don't see what the issue is from that. I got less in my old 1.2 than I do in this.

I find it is a lot better than my old 1.2 on motorways. Not too bad, just keep it below the VVT rev range bit and it's brilliant.

Tyre sizes are odd yes, but Eagle F1's suit it the best apparently.

Highly recommend them.

-Ste. How'd the viewing go? Swayed?

172 cup
I learnt to drive in one of these, was a pretty nice experience in the older models and I can only imagine its better with the newer models.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Hmm don't see how you'd save much running this over a 182 TBH.

Still nice cars, I test drove one ages ago, MPG was s**te though.

Agree partially from my experience so far, but I do have a much newer car than the 182 for the same money, nothing is looking like it needs replacing in the near future whereas I was spending on maintaining the 182. Also Tax is cheaper and insurance. Im getting 36mpg around town without having too much of a light right foot.

Nick

Mazda RX8
Not like you to change your car Nick :) always had a soft spot for the Swift Sport, will have to catch up sometime.

Suzuki Swift Sport
The styling is a bit hit or miss in my book, but the improved engine and gearbox should be a treat going on the current one!

6 speed box would be great on mine..

Better ride quality would definately be welcomed too on the new model. I feel it is too harsh for the less than perfect b roads