ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping doors.

S13
My nearside door has a rather substantial crease in it after it got a bit too friendly with a gate post, I thought rather than get it repaired it might be cheaper just to buy a whole new door in the same colour.

How difficult a job is it to swap the doors over? Is it even possible due to the difference's in the lock, can the locks be swapped?

Ta,

Rob.

CB600FS
There easy to swap rob - bolt off bolt on jobby. The hard part is lining the door, try get a jack under it, it 'will' take ages to line up to look 100%

I'd try and get it repaired, might be cheaper than you think try a mobile bodyshop

What happens with the wiring? I'm considering this job myself but I don't know how the wiring works. Is it all connected with detachable connections? Or do you have to cut wires etc? :S

S13
It needs to have the crease cut out and and a new plate welded in, it's really fucked, there's no way it could ever be pulled or pushed out and look straight again, that's where the cost is. Also where it hit the post it's damaged the central locking, it doesn't work 100% all the time, thought a swap for a new door might be a good option.

I'm worried about the lock though, the barrel bit, how do I get that out? Do I have to take off the doorcard and is it a straight swap?

Thanks for the reply.

Mégane RS
What happens with the wiring? I'm considering this job myself but I don't know how the wiring works. Is it all connected with detachable connections? Or do you have to cut wires etc? :S

Easy job i suppose, take the door card off, unplug the electric window switches, unclip the electric window wiring from the side of the door, the black plastic thing, take out the window mechanism and locking mechs and unbolt and switch the doors over