ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping my 182cup for a 172cup

RB 182 cup
Ive had my 182 for a year now and just fancy something slightly different. I have prepared my 182 slightly for track with stripped rear interior and bucket seats, lightweight wheels, new suspention etc.....but i have heard a lot about how raw the 172 cup feels.

So was thinking that i could swap my 182 cup plus cash for a 172 cup and use the extra cash to track prep the 172.....would you???

Cheers

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The only benefit is you will loose the ABS and aircon, if you have properly stripped your 182 cup, it will feel as raw as a 172 cup.

Pointless imo.

PH1 though......

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
You might be able to free up a grand maybe two but you could end up with a friday afternoon car. I'd keep your 182 Cup because you know it's history and you won't be able to swap the suspension over.

172 cup
i have a 172 cup . if u dont use it every day mate id do it.u dont really notice the lack of abs. its a bit more raw having no traction control. fun in the wet

TrackCar & F30 330d
My 182 FF feels quite a bit more intence than a 172 cup feels.

Like Bazzon says if you've done it properly then it'll feel even better.

If you spend the right amount of money on any clio and it will certainly feel more rawer than a standard Cup. It all depends on how far you want to go with your car and then how long you'll keep it for, if your thinking of going mad and keeping it for ages then just do it to your car. But if you do it and want to sell it a little while after get a Ph1, there going for so cheap atm and you probably won't loose a shed load of money on them.

Iceberg 172
No point imo. There's hardly any noticeable difference between the 172 Cup and 172 imo... so I bet there'd be even less of a difference between a 172 Cup and 182 Cup. That is in my opinion after owning a 172 Cup and 172... Maybe if you were driving like a hero on track the differences would be noticeable but they weren't for me on the road.

If your 182 Cup is setup and stripped how you like it then keep that... any money saved from the swap will probably have to be doubled to setup a 172 Cup.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
My Ph1's for sale. Momo seats, steering wheel, Yoz race exhaust, KW V2 coilovers, Adjustable rear ARB.

Going to a 172cup is pointless.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
How well does your 182 run and how gutted would you be if you bought a shitter of a Cup which went wrong.

Not worth the worry/hassle.

Evo 8 MR
Unless it was to save a bit of cash I'd say don't bother. It's just not worth the hassle of buying and selling cars tbh.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Don't you just have to remove a fuse to stop the ABS working? Little button to swtch off the TC. If that's what you're after when you refer to 'rawness'.

You've already got the s**t seats (plus you've fitted buckets) and you've got the best colour ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Don't you just have to remove a fuse to stop the ABS working? Little button to swtch off the TC. If that's what you're after when you refer to 'rawness'.

You've already got the s**t seats (plus you've fitted buckets) and you've got the best colour ;)
f**king lol. Might wanna research that a bit. 50/50 iirc.

Peddled device
I went from the 172 Cup to the 182 Cup....TC,ABS,better colour/wheels etc .....changed the seats though....much better IMO.

You want 'rawer'? Just turn the TC off and fit semi-slicks ;)

RB 182 cup
haha thanks for all the feedback. Makes sense and i will not be swapping. A bus hit me today anyway!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL @ take the ABS fuse out.

That'll do it.

If by 'do it' you mean split the bias 50/50 and put you under a truck, then yes, it'll do it.