ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swiss Trophy 50/50

Clio 200 Black and White
Right, thought I'd make a project thread about this - quite a bit to do on the Trophy to get it in good working order.

First job, install ABS-compatable rear discs:

Very simple job I must say:

1. Loosen rear wheel bolts and unscrew the axle bolt
2. Jack up the car and secure on axle stand - jacking point is shown in the handbook. Handbrake must be off and font wheels must be chocked
3. Remove rear wheel
4. Unscrew the two bolts that hold the rear caliper on, remove slide caliper off.
5. Slide off the rear disc (should come off quite happily, if not you can use a screwdriver to lever it off).
6. Grease bearing of the new disc and slide back onto the axle
7. Screw the axle bolt back on
8. Replace the caliper.
9. Replace the wheel and loosely tighten wheel bolts
10. drop from jack and axle stand, tighten wheel bolts firmly.

Took me about an hour and a half all in.

Thing is, the ABS still isn't working :mad:

Does anyone know why this might be? I've checked the fuse on the side of the dashboard and it's fine. How does the ABS system work at the front? Is there a sensor in the front hub somewhere that I need to replace?

The previous owner changed the front hubs to fit the KW suspension - is it possible that the front hubs are the reason the ABS isn't working or is there more to it than that?

Also, I noticed that I the KW coilovers come with Koni adjustables at the back. Is there only one type of Koni adjustable available for the clio or are there several options with varying damping forces?

Last edited:
  Clio 200 Black and White
Steelies are winter wheels, the turini's will be back on there in the summer...

ok, I'll have to check the front hubs for an ABS sensor, could someone post a photo of what they look like please or explain it to me?

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Sensors with black cable.

DSC_0024.jpg

Thanks to D4ve for photo ;)

Last edited:
  Clio RS PH2
grüezi uf züri :)
nette clio, en trophy is scho was schönes!!
wenn fragen hast, auf deutsch... kei problem.
grüsse vo de grenze ;)

Clio 200 Black and White
Sali Joe - Danke fur die hilfe aber ich bin engländer und deshalb komme ich schon zurecht!

Ich arbeite in Kaiseraugst direkt gegenuber von Rheinfelden, wir mussen uns mal treffen fur ein fahrt durch der Schwarzwald!

Thanks for the photo Keith - the previous owner switched the hubs out so he could fit coilies, I'm guessing he binned the ABS sensor in the process. What kind of pick-up is there for the ABS sensor on the axle? Is it a ring of teeth like the ones on the rear discs?

Clio 200 Black and White
one more question: what kind of hub does the 172 cup use?

If my hubs don't have an ABS sensor it's probably a fair guess that they're 172 cup items right?

Lots of Alfas
Have a look to see if the holes are there, Im sure the cup just has the holes ready for it. The sensor reads the ring on the driveshaft.

Clio RS PH2
hey mad
ja das is grad gegenüber.
klar können wir uns mal treffen, mein clio fährt aber erst wieder im april.
momentan fahre ich R5, hat aber auch 2l ;)
mein englisch ist leider nicht mehr das alles beste, habe es lange nichtmehr gebraucht :(

Clio 200 Black and White
Right, took a look at the front hub today and the ABS lead seems to be in place.

Perhaps there's somethnig wrong in the electric system, I'll get Renault to check it out at the next service

Clio 200 Black and White
Got my harnesses today :cool:

Removed the bottom half of the rear bench, unbolted the seat belt mounts and bolted the eyelets in their place. The door side lap strap goes to the OE seat belt hole and the tunnel side goes to an eyelet that is bolted through the floor and joined to a plate under the car.

With them all tightened up they feel just awesomely secure, can't wait for the next track day!

Last edited:
  Clio RS 182 Cup & 19 16S
Got my harnesses today :cool:

Removed the bottom half of the rear bench, unbolted the seat belt mounts and bolted the eyelets in their place. The door side lap strap goes to the OE seat belt hole and the tunnel side goes to an eyelet that is bolted through the floor and joined to a plate under the car.

With them all tightened up they feel just awesomely secure, can't wait for the next track day!

Is very original! I got the harness attached to the screw belt anchorages. Never thought about putting the screws on bottom of speakers.
I take note! thanks for your contribution!

Greedings RS :evil:

Clio 200 Black and White
well I figure those bolt holes must be strong enough since they are the original mounting points for the rear belts.

You mean you just attached both lines of the harness to the clip side of the rear seatbelt mount?

It's my daily driver and my girlfriend needs to use it too, so ABS is going back on. I don't find the ABS on these clios at all intrusive though, so it should be fine for track work.

I've changed my mind about the coilovers now - turned the damping all the way to soft this morning and it's just transformed the ride! It's not quite OE soft, but it's not far off either. It's brought a little body roll back too, and with it that much-missed clio chuckability...