ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Switch to Diesel

Hi
im considering switching my 1.2 16v expression
to a 1.5 DCI Dynamique
just wondering whats are the pros and cons
obviously better MPG with a diesel etc
but would the performance difference be big?
the DCI is only the 65 bhp version whereas my expression has 75
would this be noticible?
then i heard remaps on the diesels make them easily outperform a petrol
how much are remaps? and would it make it outperform my current 1.2 16v?
thanks
Adam

Renaultsport Clio 197
it will outperform your current car with a remap
u will get more torque low down, easier for overtaking and means less gear change
less gear change means less work with your hands meaning you will lose your muscles and gain weight...

forget the last bit :boring:

Renaultsport Clio 197
i think there wouldn't be much in it

remap prices vary... but no less then 150ish pounds I think.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I guess so, Wont need to rev the b****cks off it like you do a 1.2. Maybe worth getting the 80 though.

cant find an 80 anywhere near me :(
have been searching all day
driving round etc
no luck
hopefully ill go over for a test drive in it this sunday
see how it fares 10 my 1.2

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hi
im considering switching my 1.2 16v expression
to a 1.5 DCI Dynamique
just wondering whats are the pros and cons
pro's - torque, brilliant mpg, much easier to drive due to torque, you forget what first gear feels like!, will handle better than your 1.2 too

con's- erm........... struggling to think of any?
obviously better MPG with a diesel etc
but would the performance difference be big?
the DCI is only the 65 bhp version whereas my expression has 75
would this be noticible?
The DCi65 has much more torque and feels much quicker, real world its probably about the same as the 1.2 16v
then i heard remaps on the diesels make them easily outperform a petrol
how much are remaps? and would it make it outperform my current 1.2 16v?
thanks
Adam

320d
I'd do it, they'll get 60mpg combined no problem.

The 1.2 16v has little if any benifits over the DCI.

can i just add my 2p worth here

i currently drive a 1.6 tdci zetec-s fiesta and with my re-map i manage 120bhp and approx 190lbf

however i get 350-400 miles max to a tank

now going by what i have read on here, in a clio 182 that i am looking into buying i would prob be seeing 300-330 miles to a tank and both cars cost approx the same to fill

so for the 900 miles i do a month i would be about £20 more in the 182

so is £20 worth the extra fun of the clio ? :D

due to diesel being 12p more than petrol it doesnt work out as good as you would think

only good point about my current car is that its £35 a year to tax and £240 to insure :D

is the handling significantly different with the dci?
presumebly its heavier, so will that affect braking?
its the dynamique im interested in so will that have "sport" suspension etc?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
can i just add my 2p worth here

i currently drive a 1.6 tdci zetec-s fiesta and with my re-map i manage 120bhp and approx 190lbf

however i get 350-400 miles max to a tank

now going by what i have read on here, in a clio 182 that i am looking into buying i would prob be seeing 300-330 miles to a tank and both cars cost approx the same to fill

so for the 900 miles i do a month i would be about £20 more in the 182

so is £20 worth the extra fun of the clio ? :D

due to diesel being 12p more than petrol it doesnt work out as good as you would think

only good point about my current car is that its £35 a year to tax and £240 to insure :D

If you can also afford the extra running costs like tax, insurance, reliability then it would be well worth it imo.

Unless your young and pay stupid amounts on insurance. Even if you can afford it.

is 116k alot for a 53 plate diesel?
i no diesels can do alot more milage for the year
going for a test drive tomorrow
what do you rekon i could get for my 02 expression
thought about asking for 1995 and people can barter

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i have a diesel, with a tuned diesel pump, goes arite for 114bhp, dont think i will go back to petrol for a while.

go for a dci 80, 65 is just granny

renault clio 1.5 Dci
does anyone know how modieifed exhausts sound on the Dci? i want a new one but woried it will make it sound like a tank! any suggestions, make? ext. thanks :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I had 6 DCI 65's as company cars over 3 year period.... They were given DEATH and never let me down, Very nippy little cars, would happily run at 100mph all day long (If I ever had to drive all day at 100mph)

TBH If I ever have to change back to a Small economical Diesel, the Clio would be top of my list

320d
My 1.2 won't even do 100mph ffs. Well I haven't tried recently, next time i'd try it without the 2cm thick costco mat underneath the accelerator on my private road. Those mats realy do bug me, it only allows about 80% throttle, which isnt good on a 1.2

My 1.2 won't even do 100mph ffs. Well I haven't tried recently, next time i'd try it without the 2cm thick costco mat underneath the accelerator on my private road. Those mats realy do bug me, it only allows about 80% throttle, which isnt good on a 1.2

my old 1.2 did felt alot more fun to drive as well

my dci86 doesnt :eek: