ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking DSLR on Holiday

1.8 Civic EX
ok might sound like a dumb question but how do you pack yours?

I'm thinking hand-luggage so it dopesn't get battered about but is it allowed as hand luggage these days?

would be handy as my bag has a few little pockets etc so I can keep tickets and passport in there too

1.8 Civic EX
sorry thats what I meant, I've got a small bag/case specifically for the camera plus 1 or 2 extra lens (depending on what I take) and that bag as a few extra pockets I can put passports in etc..

so your saying hand luggage is fine basically?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I took mine as hand luggage to spain. have you seen them chucking those cases around - fcuk that!

Cupra
as long as it is under 5 kgs you won't have any problems taking it as hand luggage. My back pack was over 10 when i flew in june and i had no problems with it. You just have to take out lap tops for the xray.

1.8 Civic EX
cheers guys just wanted to make sure...save the hassle and all that...on the way back from egypt last year I had some guard pointing his gun at me and shouting something cos the bloody missus left the toe nail scissors in the hand luggage lol

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I need to know this too... anyone know if it's alright to take the camera AND another bag as hand luggage with most airlines?

Chav Rocket
went i went to malaysia in Feb i had my rucksack plus my DSLR shoulder bag (cam + 2 lenses + flash) no worries no query's (sp?) 3rd return trip ive done it all different airlines.