ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Talk about ironic

On saturday, I had dropped my car off in the morning at my mechanic guy who I have taken the Clio to in the past to have a look at my engine mount (see my other post)

My girlfriend drove me back from there (liphook) to work (farnham) as I was working all day Saturday...

Anyhow... came to pick my car up on saturday evening with it all fixed and knocking free.... drove off with g/friend bringing up the rear...

I was well up the road and I get a tearful phonecall from gfriend saying she had just had an accident....

I removed several mm of tread from my tyres in turning round and coming back at warp 9 to rescue her....

Shed misjudged a bend in the dark and hit a traffic island... hard....gone over it and ended up across the thankfully deserted but potentially lethal bit of road...

The impact had ripped the tyre (but not too badly) dented the alloy (fairly badly) but more importantly, shunted the drivers side wheel back so it was almost touching the wheelarch and the steering wheel was now at completely the wrong angle....

so i limped the car back to where mine had just come from !!! The bloke there is a star... he had it fixed by monday evening.... he looked at in on the sunday... ordered the parts and fitted them monday....

pretty good turnaround....

new lower suspension arm and new track rod end...

so even though he didnt charge much to sort my car, he got more trade from me after all !!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Funny how some accidents seem like a total disasster at the time, and a couple of days later youre all back to normal and not too much poorer either. Other times something trivial happens which turns into a nightmare! Ironic as you say.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Sounds like it couldnt possibly have been a Renault garage VR6man!! ;)

Sorry to hear about your girlfriends bump, but as long as she wasnt injured.

definitely not a renault garage !!

yeah she was fine... very shaken up at the time... (as would be expected) as was I in fact !! but ok now...

well its certainly the quickest turnaround ive seen on a car thats been "damaged"

all my previous "incidents" seem to have involved long periods without a car :eek:(

is he cars. geometry still lining up fine?

bloody lucky if it is. i needed a new subframe and everything when i did that!

CTR EK9 turbo

Hi will. Sorry to hear about your poor g/f! hope shes feeling better. Glad ya got the cars sorted so swiftly! are ya gonna let me know who this guy is!? he seems like a decent/genuine garage mechanic. Dont spose its dan in passfield?

si

Yeah the guys name is Mark

he works from home so if you do go to him dont be put off by the fact hes basically working out of his garage.

He has undoubtably forgotten more about cars than most people know.. if you know what I mean.

Such a decent genuine bloke and knows his stuff.....

In fact hes pretty much the only person I feel happy leaving my car with !!

if you need his number Si (or anyone in the Liphook sort of area) let me know...