ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tang bearings on standard engine

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hi,
Does anyone grind tangs on bearings to fit them into standard engine?
I rebuild my engine and want acl bearinga, but they all have tangs. Or have you got any other recommandation for bearings?

Thanks,
Radu

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Depends what your plans are for the engine. Mine is a race engine so has race bearings and it’s been solid since I built it but you’ll probably get a different opinion from everyone you ask.
Nick at Pure knows his stuff though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
If you race your engine and holds good I will choose king. It is no better opition than one given by someone that use that product.
I fully rebuild the engine, new oem gaskets, new oil pump and chain, new rings, fully rebuild head with new valves, springs, tappets and rollers. So I will choose the best products for a long lasting engine.

Thanks for your reply. If you got any pics with the 'modified' bearings please show to me, and maybe the part number I need to order.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
The block and caps can me machined to put tagged bearings in. I've had it done to one F4R.

Altho there's no real benefits as I've hardly seen the spin bearings

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, F4R engines don’t spin bearings ( at least if they do it’s rare)
The engine builders I spoke to before building my race engine all said they would file off the tangs. It’s not worth the expense of machining the block to take them.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yes, F4R engines don’t spin bearings ( at least if they do it’s rare)
The engine builders I spoke to before building my race engine all said they would file off the tangs. It’s not worth the expense of machining the block to take them.

That’s not strictly true mate. The f4r does spin the centre main bearing, blocks off the oil feed to the rods and woody woodpecker comes a knocking.