ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tapping/Knocking Engine

Iceberg 172 Cup
My clio has been fine for months and was fine yesterday morning when i pulled onto my drive home.

The oil is 3/4 full and ive checked everything else like the charcoal cannister but this sound is coming from the inside of the engine like in the inlet manifold (the bit that says renault sport).

I havnt drove the car only started it a few times. I washed the car with the jetwash yesturday and spent alot of time on it but came to start it up and got this instant knocking. it has an open ended enclosed cf filter on it. Is it possible that it sucked a tiny amount of water in?

The noise is horrendous and i wont be able to drive the car although it still drives and starts first time. It runs and idles fine but the noise is so loud. Tapping and knocking.

I know this is a long shot but is it possible for anyone to take a look. The guy who will more than likely be fixing it went on holiday yesterday for 2 weeks so i'm stuck.

Can i take the mani off and take a look myself? Theres oil around the top of the engine cause i looked in the oil cap.

really not impressed i just started my 2 weeks holiday yesterday too and dont have a car.

Iceberg 172 Cup
bump and thanks in advance!

sounds abit like this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkH_l469azE[/youtube]

:(

Clio 182
This is exactly how my engine sounds...

I gave it a little bit of stick when the engine wasn't quite warmed up (I know.. I know.. pure sin! :dapprove:) and then tap tap tap!!!

Can anybody confirm that this is a sticking valve??

And what exactly is involved in repairing this??

Thanks all x