ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TapTik iPhone case?

ITB BG 182
Has anyone had one or would any of you buy one?

I have seen them at £50-£75 and they are a solid metal case with gorilla glass and fully sealed.

I am just thinking about selling my 4S and getting the new 5 but putting it straight into some thing like this case, I bought 4 cases for my 4S and spent roughly £15 on each case.

If not this case, what type of solid case would you get?

Bought a Speck CandyShell for mine recently. Seems to protect the back and the sides of the phone pretty well and doesn't ruin the look of the phone like alot of cases do. Usually sell for around £25-£30 but I managed to get one off Ebay for £8.

ITB BG 182
Im after some thing solid because I tend to either be in the gym when I some times drop it, out walking or jogging is another time Ive dropped it in the past. When i forget to put it a little high off the floor, the dog gets it, cycling is the main problem aswell as not making sure its safe enough where i put it ie too close to an edge.

Either the taptik or this.

http://www.firebox.com/product/5662/Lifeproof-for-iPhone-5

133/225/CLS AMG
I picked up a Griffin Survivor case for my iPhone 5, yes it's ugly as hell but it's also solid as hell with it. Cost me £22 from HMV in their blue cross sale.

I'm wary now of cheap cases that claim to be made by a brand. Bought a Griffin Survivor off E-bay for £20 when they retail for £50 and it was a fake. Seems they rip off most of the brands with cheap Chinese copies.

Iceberg Clio 172
The biggest pain is the ass with iphone 5 is that the 30pin -> lightning adapter doesn't fit in the bottom when a case is fitted, anybody else found this? Ive got an MT audio iPod lead in the car which is 30 pin hence the adapter to lightning. phone has to come out of the case and into a pouch everytime which means I generally dont bother!