ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tarc castle combe report

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so it was castle combes turn to feel the wrath of the clio.
it was a damp start to the day but the track was dry for the start of qually.
took the car out and things werent looking good from the start. everytime i came out of a corner the car was smoking like a mother. i continued for a lap and as i was just about to come in it seemed to clear and as the car was driving great i carried on.
as i came in the stewards had a quick word about the smoke but were happy enough as it cleared.
under inspection all became clear (the mechanic needs sacked,ME) i had left the top off the brake resivoir .what a di*k.lol
so qualified 13th overall and 1st in class.
first race went well.i got a good start and held my place as i am getting braver in the pack. the rest of the race was straight forward and finished 1st in class and 11th overall

second race was also a good one. but unfortunatly my camera wasnt working so no footage.
had a good battle with max who is in class a but only has coilovers and poly windows so not too far away from production spec which makes it sweeter that i beat him.
1st in class again
so another great weekend with great people and a great track. roll on oulton 3rd october

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was just looking and it's a Saturday, will ask the boss tomo. Can't see why not tbh

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Defiantly.

No mate, one thing after another, changed cars a couple of times but I am looking to book soon.

Clio 182
Looked great in the video! What lap times were you doing round Combe, and what modifications does your class allow out of interest? I'm guessing not many, you're getting the best out of it that's for sure

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
cheers dcelec, the best i manged was a 1.22.3.
all you are allowed are polybushes, brake pads are free, lowering springs, camber bolts/shims, and thats about it really. keeps it cheap and close.
you thinking of joining us?

Clio 182
cheers dcelec, the best i manged was a 1.22.3.
all you are allowed are polybushes, brake pads are free, lowering springs, camber bolts/shims, and thats about it really. keeps it cheap and close.
you thinking of joining us?

That's a cracking time for those mods, standars gearing/box too? My car has a cheapish set of coilovers (bc), some Cl brake pads and federal rsr tyres essentially and I was lapping around the 1.25 mark on my first day there so a little off your pace.
I live all of 10 minutes from combe which was why I was so interested to be honest, I've only had my clio a few months and done 2 trackdays there. I'd love to have a go at some proper racing though it's not something I've done before, your series does look really good and if circumstances allow in the next year or two something I will certainly be looking into.
Are the clio's classes simply as you've described then a big leap up to a more unlimited mods category?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats bob, that looked amazing. Bet you were buzzing with your hand out the window and all :D
I will try and get to oulton on the 3rd as its the Mrs birthday so will be a good day out.
Can you pm me times etc please or just post them on here.
Get there @imprezaworks bring the Mrs.

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
yep standard gearings, dunlop dz03 tyres.
you can find all the regs here http://www.trackattackraceclub.com/pages/regulations.php
but yes there is a big jump up to class a.
cost wise it isnt bad. i think all in with my first race it cost about £3500. so if over the year you do a little at a time like buy the cage,then seat and so on and before you know it you are ready for your ards test.
it has got to be the best move i ever made going into this race series. the people are fantastic with everyone clubbing together to help each other, and good clean racing.
i cant recommend it enough.

182cup & 172 racecar
Great vid Bob.

Yes, big jump to class A, but then we are doing 1.16-1.17's. But at a cost.

Production is the way to go really, esp if just starting.

Track 172 Cup
When is the one at Oulton? I'm not far from Oulton and would like too come watch (might even cheer you on haha)

Track 172 Cup
I'm off work too lol makes a change might come and watch, get some tips for my track day the week after. Do you have to pay to spectate?

Track 172 Cup
Don't suppose you get into the pits and are able too check the cars out or is it a closed pits and you can only spectate as you would with a normal event as opposed to a track day where you can wonder round and say hello to people.

WRX
Yes you can actually join the queue to speak to us and the autograph signing takes place at lunchtime. Ok you can just walk around and look at the cars. Well done Rob, see you at Oulton

Track 172 Cup
Cool sounds good guess I'll pop over and say hello and have a look at some of the cars. Might see if @Josh is going over too see what it's like seems as he's gonna be a #racecardriver next year. You going over Josh.