ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tax Disc holder, now what?

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
As you probably know, there'll be no more discs issued after the end of the month, so the disc holder will be redundant, pity the tax will continue though

You may want to consider and comment on what to replace it with!?

I've already got a few ideas but what about you?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Is this in reference to the CS Store or your actual car?

Nothing is the answer for the car, the CS store would be a more interesting discussion.

Clio 182
But I like mine, I suppose it shows that your vehicle is taxed and the cs tax holder look quite nice imo, shoudl replace it with another cs sticker

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I've got to display a tax disc sized parking permit in my windscreen, the funny thing is that the permit shows that the tax on the parking space at work has been paid for so can't escape the b*****d tax part of it :mad:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
My car's SORN and won't be on the road until after the changes so I've already ripped my tax disc and holder out of the car.

Looks so much tidier without it!

Clio 182
I think they should scrap tax all together and then put a bit onto petrol, that way everyone will have to pay tax

Clio 182
What happens if i do 4k a year and you do 40k?

Well I thought the way tax works is that that if your engine produces lots of co2, higher tax, so if im doing 40k and you do 4k, im producing more co2 menaing I will be paying more tax... a sort of pay as you go system for tax, the more you use the road, the more tax, the less you use the road the less amount of tax you pay...

Clio 182
Would be more fair then as you are not using your car as much. Why should someone who just uses the car for summer months etc pay the same as a rep who is up and down the motorway everyday.

Plus everyone has to pay tax that way as no one can get out of not paying tax :) and you wouldnt have to sorn your car as you simply wouldnt be using it on the road

RB 200
Yes, I'm gutted my witty tax disc holder which reads 'yes I've paid my tax, no go fix some fcuking potholes' will now be redundant.

Clio 182
There was a guy on the radio yesterday who said his company will be down 300k a year due to the scrapage of the holder and he estimated halfords alone paid 1million pounds in vat on tax disc holders alone.

How much truth is in that I don't know.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
For the people saying they want to replace their holder with something else, bear in mind that obstructions placed in the windscreen can be an MOT fail. Tax disc holders have been an exemption.

Clio 200T
The one now, tells you what's classes and convictions you have, how long you've had the licence etc.. what exactly is there to improve, that's all the licence is needed for...
I'm not disagreeing just going with this from the DVLA in July

Organisations and businesses that check the driving licence counterpartDVLA is developing a new digital enquiry service for launch later this year that will allow organisations and businesses (such as employers and car hire companies) to view information they can currently see on the driving licence counterpart.

This new service will be offered in addition to the existing services, but is designed for those who have a business need for real-time access to the information and may not wish to call DVLA or be in a position to use an intermediary.

Driving licence information via this service will only be made available to those who have a right to see it, and with the knowledge of the driving licence holder.