ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TCe 100 fuel injectors

Renault Clio TCE 100
Hi all, new to forum, looking for some advice. I own a Clio mk3.5 1.2 TCE 100. I like the engine, it's nice and revvy for a turbo car, but seems lack throttle response. I'm thinking of getting a remap done, but I've heard doing this on the standard injectors will result in little/no power gains due to high duty cycle. Has anyone fitted bigger injectors to this engine? Would I need a more powerful pump as well? For me it's a fantastic daily drive and I'm not looking for unrealistic gains, just maybe some more bottom end grunt! Thanks.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I fitted Clio 172/182 injectors and had it remapped by RS tuning. Massive gains to be had, engine retains it's revvy nature but gains loads of low down grunt and genuine top end power, I love the engines it's a Shame they are shocking on fuel lol.

standard injectors are on the limit so people will still offer you "off the shelf" maps but they won't gain much and arnt really safe!

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
I'm still on the look out for a Twingo GT 1.2 tce. 130bhp and 150lb/ft in a car that weighs 950kg with £1000 worth of mods... yes please :) Great little engines for what they are those D4FT's

Renault Clio TCE 100
Thanks for the info guys! Is it an easy enough job fitting 182 injectors? Did u replace the rail as well? I agree the engine isn't really fuel efficient, which is ironic because that was meant to the whole point of the engine in the first place! But hey ho... Fun to drive at least.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Fitting injectors isn't a difficult job no but the car will need to be mapped to accommodate the new injectors.