ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tech help needed re "barebone" systems

Elise/VX220/R26
Alright chaps this is the scenario

My main pc keeps f**king up and refusing to load windows, after shutting down/restarting a few times I get past the DOS screen and it loads windows (I dont think its a hard drive issue as I've only just recently replaced that) I could do with a new case anyway so are these barebone systems what I need ie so I can stick my HD in that case and be up and running again? What else would I need to buy with this one for example:

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105097/rb/20819761422

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2 16v
I built a PC on wednesday for a mate using this barebone: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/110470

An AMD Sempron 3400, 1gb Ram, 160gb storage, wifi PCI adapter and a TV card for £358. Was actually a very good build. But I know I could have gotten it for cheaper using different parts.

But back to your question....all you would need is a Processor, Ram, Graphics card and hard-drive. Maybe a nice sound card if you're an audiophile like myself

Elise/VX220/R26
All I really use my PC for is surfing and a bit of video editing, I have an audigy usb soundcard so on board graphics would probably do

Elise/VX220/R26
ps that bundle in your reply, you would just need to add ram and a processor to it (in addition to my existing HDD) to get it running?

Focus ST-2
Just buliding a system for a guy at work

3700 athlon 64 939
939 motherboard changeable to AM2
80 gb harddrive
512mb ram
case

£194

1 Series Coupe
jonnyboy said:
Alright chaps this is the scenario

My main pc keeps f**king up and refusing to load windows, after shutting down/restarting a few times I get past the DOS screen and it loads windows (I dont think its a hard drive issue as I've only just recently replaced that) I could do with a new case anyway so are these barebone systems what I need ie so I can stick my HD in that case and be up and running again? What else would I need to buy with this one for example:

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105097/rb/20819761422

my mate had this problem... and he just replaced the battery on the motherboard and it was fine... dont know what it is called? bios battery?

dont know if it will help you.. but worth a go.. they are onyl a couple of quid

How do you know it's not a software issue rather than a hardware issue? Alternatively, might be worth downloading heat sensor software to monitor the temperature of your CPU. When windows loads the temperature of the CPU rises a lot. This could cause the computer to shut itself off to protect the CPU if it's overheated. This may have been a recent issue due to the bout of hot weather we've been having.