ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Technical Spec for the CLIO 172 Cup

Hi, currently trying to put my new 172 cup through the German MoT and having some problems as the car is very rare here and never sold by Renault in Germany to my knowledge. The are querying the wheels on the car (as not approved) even though they are the standard wheels sold on the cup (speedline something it think). I need some documentation to prove these are the standard wheels, can anyone recommend what i should get?

I am waiting on my V55 document at the moment from DVLA, but don't think that will mention?

Thanks for any advice

There was a sales brochure on Ebay not so long ago. If not, contact Renault and they would be able to send confirmation. Wasn't it Turinis that were standard?

Avstar, thanks for that. Hopefully that might work although ideally would like something with the wheel model numbers on

That's the problem persuading zee German testers to do anything not in their 'book' is almost impossible. Thats why i need something i can present to them. Do you reckon i try speaking to someone at Renault in uk and if so who?

Thanks again

Yes, Uk right hand drive car, but i've brought it out with me to Germany where i am working for the next few years. Cos of my insurance i have to register with the Germans. To register i need to put it through the German MoT which don't recognise the car, the wheels, the lack of rear brake effort.... nightmare!!

172/1.2/E30
You probably need an CoC (Certificate of Conformity) for the cup. Ask Renault UK! The German MOT bka TUEV should be able to do a "Vollabnahme" (Full Check) as they did it with my 172 when i imported it from UK to Germany. The VINs are registered in their System and they should get a data sheet with the VIN. I had no documents for my 172 and all i needed for the registration was the "Vollabnahme" and a Certificate of permanent export at the registration office. The cup was sold in Germany as the Ragnotti (bit lighter but without abs and with the turini wheels).