ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Techniclutch fast road clio 172

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
As above nothing wrong with a OEM clucth we ran one in our ITBd track car for 2 seasons and its fine.

Got a paddle clutch now i think though

ValverInBits
as OEM clutches go, the 172 isnt a bad item at all. I wouldn't risk the hours of labour only to find that the ebay clutch is sh1te. Car turboed? if not don't bother.

340i
STAY AWAY!!!

A friend of mine fitted one of these, nothing but trouble...

Go for OEM, Valeo

My dad bought a techniclutch for his cammed Manta and it was fine, but is pretty much the only good thing I have heard about them - the rest have been bad.

they are crap , a kid i knew put one in a 350z and it fell apart 2 months down the line , absolute rubbish , google them and you will see what people have to say about them

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
STAY AWAY!!!

A friend of mine fitted one of these, nothing but trouble...

Go for OEM, Valeo

Its not to stay away from them dude...... the Techniclutch fast road is actually a Transmech Clutch Kit available from ECP for £20 cheeper.

plate cover is painted red with a sticker on it, the friction plate has the transmech part numbers painted over (gentle rubbing of the matt paint reveals this)

also release bearing has transmech part number, as does cover.

jokers lol, if you buy one just dont expect anything more than a standard clutch lol

340i
Its not to stay away from them dude...... the Techniclutch fast road is actually a Transmech Clutch Kit available from ECP for £20 cheeper.

plate cover is painted red with a sticker on it, the friction plate has the transmech part numbers painted over (gentle rubbing of the matt paint reveals this)

also release bearing has transmech part number, as does cover.

jokers lol, if you buy one just dont expect anything more than a standard clutch lol

Yeah I looked at a mates who was fitting one, the "ceramic plate" was just yellow paint LOL! you could scratch it off LOL...

I didn't think Transmech where all that good, refurbished parts IIRC?