ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Techy question

S-Max
Can't get my hard around this, I'm not the most computer type minded.

I've got a company lap-top which I use for work and have BT broadband loaded on it. I currently can't get on it. I have dialled up through the company netwrok to get on my outlook and have now been able to click on the "E" to get on explorer via it.

Does that mean I don't need to be paying for BT internet...? Confused a bit here..

Is the bt broadband for your home? If u want to use that to access your office your laptop will need to be set up differently.

Not a Clio
I read your post last night but it made my head hurt trying to understand what you are asking / trying to do.

Could you try explaining again, a bit clearer?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not 100% sure on what you mean, myself?

Do you mean that you have a works laptop, but you have BT Broadband at home, that you're trying to install onto the laptop?

You're paying for the BT bit yourself and wondering if you can do without it?

D.

I don't understand.... So you're connecting to a work dialup number, or a work VPN?? Or something completely different? lol ;x

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
It sounds like you are saying that you are able to dial into work and still browse the web, hence why do you need your own ISP.
The answer all depends on whether you are actually uding a dial up account to connect to work, or just connecting via a vpn....dialup is using works resources, whereas a vpn over broadband would just be tunneling your work connection over your existing broadband....
Hope that makes sense and I understood you correctly!