ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temp guage problem and using alot of fuel

Liquid Yellow 182
Ive been out places today and been driving for bout 45 mins non top. Was on dual carridgeway giving it some aswell. Got home and temp guage was not even a half way, 2 bars under. And every trip i go on, like to work which is 10 min drive my fuel will go down near enough a line on the guage. Or to visit my parents, it will go down. This never used to happen. Whats going on? Thermostat gone?

Mec 350 slk manual
I had that prob put a new temp sensor & thermostat & coolant prob solved . Temp reading half way

Mec 350 slk manual
Yes I could smell it through the vent , also new pollen filter , buy gen renault parts not patten .

Liquid Yellow 182
Aahhh i get it, well ive bought a new thermostat today from renault themselves, not long ago. Are they easy to fit fred?

Lionel Richie
yeah 4 bolts on the 1.2 16V i think, just don't over tighten them as you can crack the plastic housing EASILY!

Liquid Yellow 182
yeah 4 bolts on the 1.2 16V i think, just don't over tighten them as you can crack the plastic housing EASILY!

Aahh the one i got has got 3 bolts Fred. Okay will get it sorted when its a nicer day. Freezing at the min

Liquid Yellow 182
Also forgot to add that a couple months ago i wwas losing alot of coolant all the time, so someone recommended k-seal, put that it and its stayed on maximum since that day. That wouldnt mess my temp up would it?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Don't forget to flush the rad after fitting the thermostat or you will get air in the system and that will more than likely start overheating issues instead lol.