ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temp Needle Incorrect

Clio 182
As you can see the temp needle has fallen below where it should be. Is there an easy fix for this or will I have to purchase a new cluster with similar mileage?

Many thanks

Attachments

• 1D4840A3-9161-4FE2-9D62-7F8C1BDC906A-1387-000000CCC5426A0D.jpeg
    1D4840A3-9161-4FE2-9D62-7F8C1BDC906A-1387-000000CCC5426A0D.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 66

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
If you get the cluster out you should be able to separate it and adjust the needle. I'd say your fuel gauge looks a little high if that's with the power off.

I assumed the OP meant that it still worked but it had dropped below the zero position (it does look very low in the picture)

Clio 182
If you get the cluster out you should be able to separate it and adjust the needle. I'd say your fuel gauge looks a little high if that's with the power off.

I assumed the OP meant that it still worked but it had dropped below the zero position (it does look very low in the picture)

Yeah they both still work, but the temp needle comes to rest far too low when the car is off and the fuel needle comes to rest slightly higher than what it should therefore giving me inaccurate readings when the car is on. Do you think I should try removing the cluster and adjusting it myself? Is this possible?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just take the clocks out and see if you can turn the needle on its spindle. It's probably just slipped down.