ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temp sensor fudged after changing clock face

As above I’ve changed the clock face around. Now the temp sensor will go just underhalfway as it did before (fine) but then 2 mins later it drops again and goes halfway to halfway.

I’ve taken the needles out countless times and done the dial test/reset with needles on and off to put them back in the place they way before I started messing around.

It’s annoying the tits out of me and looks broken any help?

Ive just been told to leave the plastic off the clocks and once the cars up to temp and full of fuel simply move the needle to where it should be??

Won’t this just reset itself once I turn it off though?

Edit; just to clarify it does go back to normal temp if I put my foot down but then after normal driving it’ll start going back to halfway again. It’s a constant slow yoyo between halfway and halfway to halfway

Last edited:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This is just the same as doing it with the car cold. Makes no difference. Sounds like you've already tried moving the needle to no avail so I'd look out for some clocks of similar mileage.

@sparklesTHEpony Ruled out a coincidental temp issue? Something like an OBDII adaptor and torque app to monitor coolant temps.

Sounds suspect as you say it changes when you put your foot down.

Yeah man that’s one of my last hopes, before tinkering it wouldn’t ever sit halfway anyway, just under. Obvious under.

But now it’s just a very slow yo-yo between halfway and halfway to halfway