ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature and Fuel

Hey guys,

I have a 2004 1.2 Dynamique Clio...

Was just wondering on the digital dash where it shows the fuel and temperature... What is the normal amount of bars to have for temperature? Mine sits at 4 bars when fully warmed up.. Is this normal?

Also fuel consumption, the wee clio is completely drinking petrol, if I put in a tenner and do a 24 mile journey (my usual journey to college) it will most of the time bring on the red light? What's the usual problems for poor fuel consumption?

Thanks!

28?! You must have been nailing the tits off to get that.

I struggle to get my 182 under 30 haha!

No mate I actually wasn't I was literally in start stop traffic drive at 10-15 mph in 1st/2nd gear for 30 secs then literally stuck on traffic for 4 miles think I got to work near enough fully on clutch movement and hills one day!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Something dodgy with my engine anyway I think, oil filler cap is full of mayo as is inside the cap, coolant has changed colour from green to orange and the mayo smells like fuel

That doesn't sound good. I know the milky oil under the cap can be caused by a lot of short journeys, but the coolant shouldn't change colour :S