ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tempted by an iPhone

Mk4 .:R32
I've got a blackberry 9700! I love it, but I went to the apple shop yesterday and messed around with an iphone and loved it.

Now my BB 9700 is pretty new, and in top condition, so I could prob get around 180-200 quid for it!

Question is, how much would an 8gig white iphone be? 3GS obviously, on PAYG

172, BMW 120 Msport.
IIRC around £350-400?

Dont interest me what so ever. Its a mobile. Call, Txt job done.

And yes i do use a Nokia 3310. :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm waiting for 4th gen before I upgrade my 3G with the rest of the smart people. No point in upgrading atm as you say you have a new phone?

Lol, all I saw was iPhone and "Revels" in the replied box.

Don't buy a 3G on contract now. Buy a 3Gs if anything. Or as Dan says, wait/buy a non contract iPhone.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
also...even if you don't like the new hardware/price, 3gs will be all over ebay come the announcment!!

i have a 9700 love it too, i have an iphone aswell, the only thing i will say, is that iphone battery is s**t. you'll have it on charge a lot compared with the 9700 which i charge like once every 3 days or so

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i dont see the point in buying a £400+ phone when its going to be outdated in a year.

S3, Polo
^ Hardly. :S

I've just given my old 2G iPhone - running the latest firmware - to my Dad.

Still a great bit of kit and I'll wager a more durable object than my 3GS.

Bearing in mind I had it for 2.5 years and it's still going strong? Awsum, IMO.

Because they're awesome.

But wait..

Yeah I've heard about the 4th gen rumours...

but not sure I can be arsed waiting til july/august time. Plus, we can only guess how much a 4th gen would be...£600 for a 32gb on PAYG maybe? I'm not spending that on a phone! Although it'll be awesome

Quick question....

If I were to use my Vodafone SIM card (which is a pay monthly contract) that has unlimited texts, 600 mins and unlimited internet...would I be able to use the internet via the internet capability on a 4th gen iphone for free? Bearing in mind the unlimitied internet is for a BB 9700 only running 3G!?

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
Coming towards the end of my contract too. Upgrade in April on Vodafone. Tempted to buy myself a 3gs, and just get a cheap contract with unlimited internet when my voda deal runs out. Then just upgrade to a 4g as and when.

Would I need to buy a jailbroken iphone? Or is it something I can do once I get it?