ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco 99 ron fuel

hi guys looking for views on this any good currently at 89.9 at the moment in town thinking of putting some in..can i just ask i have about a qtr of a tank left if mixed with the standard fuel would the benefits of the 99 be nulled out? cheers guys thanks

cheers guys lol i know it wont blow it up but if it shows no different then might as well stay with the cheaper stuff really!! but i thought with the high ron it would be one of the best out there for performance

cheers mate where can you get this v power from i know it is shell garages but is there a sight you can go on to see if it is close by? also for the tesco stuff as well any petrol locater on the internet cheers

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Mine runs fine on tesco 99 ron theres no difference for me between shell or tesco

80MPG BEEZA
know where in my town even does v-power or 99ron, there changing our tesco to an extra as there making millions more then they expected but where still not getting tesco 99 i told them it sucks a*s

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i love that tesco super 99, makes my car tickover hard, and contary to the above, i seem to get more miles from it, than the cheapo

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Dont think the sell it anywere round my bit.. im a happy v-power man anyway ;)

16v_jon said:
gives worse economy that vpower i think its somthings to do with its bio-ethenol content

correct, bio-ethanol used to bump the ron rating bue doesnt do much for run and performance, despite the ron/mon average being higher than optimax.

LY 200
Topgun said:
You dont see ferrari running tesco 99, exactly. V-Power wins...........

Lmao but were not exactly running anything near a Ferrari now are we!!!

On topic i used to swear by it until i put a tank of Optimax one day and havnt looked back sinec, doesnt only give better economy, the car runs much better on it i find!!!

Will take a few tank fulls of either to notice a difference though id imagine if youve been using standard 95!!!

I've started using v-power and I got a little metal keyring for buying it last night!

clidge said:
cheers mate where can you get this v power from i know it is shell garages but is there a sight you can go on to see if it is close by?
Clicky

cheers guys thanks for that alot of opinions here any site you can look at where the 99 ron tesco stuff is sold i only know one in sheffield cheers

M140i/Orange 182
i used tesco 99 ron for along time, ran fine no problems but after a few tanks of v-power iam now getting 6mpg more than i would buying tesco

v-power is good stuff.

You get crap economy from Tesco 99 - when I've run it (out of necessity) I get approx. 5mpg less than Optimax/V-Power.

Just used for the first time today. Got shite mpg too :dapprove: Could almost see the needle going down on the motorway

FF Blackgold 182
^^^I didn't bother filling up in the end. It wouldn't take my card. Gonna get some V Power in a mo. Quality meet and good to meet you btw.
Cheers for now
Steve

RS Clio 200
i have used both V-power and Tesco 99 in a range of different cars.

In the 172 Tesco 99 is rubbish. I didnt get any extra milage when i did an eco run, and no power gain. With V-power i got about 30 miles more on the eco run, but again, no real power gain.

However, I did have a Seat Leon Cupra before, and the results were different. Tesco 99 gave me less miles, but a big power gain, and a much better exhaust sound - it even popped a few times in low revs :clap:
The V-power gave me more miles again, but less power and sound than the tesco.

In short, Tesco is good if your car has a turbo, and you drive hard like i used to. V-power is good if you want that big extra economy from your car.

Something else you should also remember is that V-Power is packed full of adetives which help keep your engine clean, and in general good condition. They also prolong the life of the petrol should you have it in a car you only drive a couple of times a week. The tesco 99 tends to go off quite quickly.

Basically:
Tesco - Turbo's cars only, use it up and use V-power once a month to flush through.
V-Power - any car, less power but better milage and keeps engine in good nick

Something else you should also remember is that V-Power is packed full of adetives which help keep your engine clean, and in general good condition. They also prolong the life of the petrol should you have it in a car you only drive a couple of times a week. The tesco 99 tends to go off quite quickly.

Agree with that^^^

Anim@l - good to meet you too. The meet was a good crack, defo do it again

is it s**t? :dapprove:[/quote]

V-power? nah I don't think so, although BP ultimate seems to give a bit more torque lower down in the rev range

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Like Mark Cup and others have said i find my mpg drops when using Tesco 99:(

I like Shell V-Power, i get better mpg and the car seems to idle better too:approve:

cheers guys i filled up with normal crap again (it was only 77.9 cos i shopped at tesco he he) and i also put in the redex injector cleaner and it has increased my mpg over the weekend from 29.9 to 32.6 even when driven hard and the engine is less rough and seems a little quiter on the tapets now cheers..when should this cleaner be used everytime or once a month?

I've started using v-power and I got a little metal keyring for buying it last night!

where from! i filled up at shell on A61 on friday night with v-power... no keyring :mad:

is it s**t? :dapprove:
I think I know where you mean, but it was one in Middleton, Leeds.

It's more than just a keyring I found out as well, you can put it in supermarket trolleys in place of a pound coin. Special, eh?