ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco 99 RON???

Black 197
With a tesco petrol station just down the road from me ive been running the 197 on its super unleaded 99RON for around 3 months now. I dont know whether I was kidding myslef but it did seem to pull better at low revs. Does anyone rate or hate this fuel, bearing in mind its 99.9p a litre.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
the vid was made b4 tesco99 was out! i use it all the time in my 172 and i think its much better then normal fuel! and no worst then vpower or the like! its only 96.9 where i live as well;)

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
would basicly say the the higher the tune / bhp the more you will get out of hight octane fuel.

higher octane fuel doesnt hurt the car and you are spose to get more mpg.

my 182 didnt like it, felt so much better with shell/esso 97 ron

i need to get to bp and try bp 98 but tesco 99 was rubbish

cock mobile.
BP is 97.

I always found I received poor MPG with 99 RON, haven't used it in ages though.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
There is a thread on here somewhere.....some guy works for Tesco's and they sometimes get there fuel delivered by a shell tanker.
Make your own mind up.

Black 197
the bp ultimate, it does say in the filler flap 95 or 98, now its been updated by reno to say always 98, but at that price for vpower do you think the bp will be a safe compromise if its better than tesco 99

RB 182
I've always thought that BP Ultimate was a safe alternative, I'd rather that than the super stuff that the supermarkets do.

clio 172,astra 1.6, rs125
the vid was made b4 tesco99 was out! i use it all the time in my 172 and i think its much better then normal fuel! and no worst then vpower or the like! its only 96.9 where i live as well;)
same for me as well!

monaco blue 172 ..
i use 97 ron from a garage round the corner from me .. . and for some reason it pulls like a fucker ,,, god knows why,
its gives the car a right noticable power increase . runs perfect.
never used anything else since i found this garage ...
96p

Mazda MX5 1.8
my car drives much nicer on super than it does on normal unleaded

dont notice any difference between BP ultimate/optimax/tesco 99 and normal super so i usually run on supermarket super unleaded

Monaco Ph2 172
I have been using Tesco 99RON for a few months now as the petrol station on my way into work sells it for 98.6p a litre - actually I think it's gone down a penny recently. Before that I always used 97 or 98RON such as: Esso Super / BP Ultimate / Optimax - erm - I mean V-power. I haven't used 95RON for years!

Anyway, first thing I noticed was that my standard 172 seemed to pull better low down (between 2-4k) and removed a very slight flat-spot around 3k. I just chailked that up to me thinking too positively about the new fuel, but it seems to concur with what has been said on here.

Second noticable thing is the MPG. With 97RON I got about 32-33mpg and with my right-foot being susceptible to gravity, I didn't think that was too bad. Now with 99RON I really have to cane it to get below 35mpg. On steady, long motorway runs I bet it pushes 40mpg.

Overall, i am really impressed with the fuel. Would certainly recommend using it for a few tankfulls! :)

Still looking for a place that does BP102 though! :D

monaco blue 172 ..
ill be sticking with what i know run good in mine .and saving a few pennies on the way lol

a thirsty one
i have been doing my own trial and errors this year and found the 99 tesco stuff felt fine but mpg was average, the super from sainsburys was 97ron and about 5p a litre cheaper and felt the same and same mpg, v power is about 99.9 p a litre at the moment car drives the same but i do get about 4 mpg better per tank.

my conclusion i use whichever super unleaded i am nearest to unless im feeling flush and will use vpower as although more expensive the extra mpg prob cancels this out.

Less
I have been using v-power since i had the car, had to fill up at motorway services so only put in Shells own fuel, and the car seems to run alot smoother.... very strange.

good vid tho!

Last edited: